Print Thread
Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by dion:
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
Scott60, Dion will probably not appreciate the before you were born comment, as he is most likely closer to your age than you think

Yes, Scott, I'm actually 35, my parents are the original owners of the Camaro. They purchased in back in Dec. 1968, right before they got married.

Ok...so you were 7 when I was driving my '68 Firebird Didn't mean anything about it anyway just messin with you a little. My parents purchased the '68 in 1969 and I purchaesd it from them in 1977 while high school. I had it all the way up til about 12 years ago before I sold it

As for CF1 trunk lid...we will see how the final product looks. I just think they made a BIG mistake by not getting lots of opinions 1st. An OEM tunk with a couple of bolt-on CF spoilers would have gone over big here at CEG where 90% of their Contour products will be sold. That would have given us at least 3 options (no spoiler, lip, stock, aftermarket, etc.) for Contour's and Mystique's. Plus they all wouldn't look the same. They would sell way more where as now they may sell 10 or 12 if they are lucky. I would n't be suprised if they only sell 4-6. We shall see...plus with the fitment issues they had with the cowl hood this should be interesting since the trunk lid is much more difficult to ake then the hood.

I still thank them for doing this stuff either way I just wish they would have researched some more.

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
No harm, no foul, no offense taken....

As for CF1, it's their baby. I think it would be very difficult to own a business and have 500-1000 people asking for this, asking for that....you have to remember, this is their business, it's surprising that they even wanted to build a trunk lid in the first place. You already know that you will never please every single customer/person. I know that this lip spoiler is not everyones favorite, but there are some that have come on and said they like it. You also have to factor in the fact that a lot of the CEG say they'll buy something, and then when it's produced, nobody buys, for whatever reasons that they have... so for CF1 to take a chance on a design of their own, they must be seeing something larger than what the majority of the people that have posted on this thread are seeing.

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Im intrested to see how this turns out.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I think they did some work on this GTO

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
dont be talkin about the Count's ride!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
yeah unless that wing is gone i wont even think about buying it,,,,its horrible imo....

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

If I was that concerned about weight savings, I'd take the trunk lid off..

What?! So your going to tool around w/o a trunk lid. I know I'd rather keep my car street worthy and looking good on top of weight savings.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

If I was that concerned about weight savings, I'd take the trunk lid off..

What?! So your going to tool around w/o a trunk lid. I know I'd rather keep my car street worthy and looking good on top of weight savings.

LOL!! Sorry, I forgot to mention my car is a fair weather only vehicle.. Was meant to be more humerous anyways, as there are other methods of weight savings than CF.. If Im getting the trunklid, it'll be mostly for looks..

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

As for CF1, it's their baby. I think it would be very difficult to own a business and have 500-1000 people asking for this, asking for that....you have to remember, this is their business, it's surprising that they even wanted to build a trunk lid in the first place. You already know that you will never please every single customer/person. I know that this lip spoiler is not everyones favorite, but there are some that have come on and said they like it. You also have to factor in the fact that a lot of the CEG say they'll buy something, and then when it's produced, nobody buys, for whatever reasons that they have... so for CF1 to take a chance on a design of their own, they must be seeing something larger than what the majority of the people that have posted on this thread are seeing.

That's what I'm saying....it's a big risk to design and create something this extreme without knowing what their market wants....These aren't the days of Henry Ford anymore, it is a consumer oriented market....I'm with Scott in saying that I only see a few of these really selling. But we'll see. No disrespect in any way shape or form, just looking at things from a financial/business standpoint.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by JonnySVT:

That's what I'm saying....it's a big risk to design and create something this extreme without knowing what their market wants....These aren't the days of Henry Ford anymore, it is a consumer oriented market....I'm with Scott in saying that I only see a few of these really selling. But we'll see. No disrespect in any way shape or form, just looking at things from a financial/business standpoint.

I totally agree u with.
The idea of CF is good, but the wing is the down side.
Now if they had the trunk of the pre 98's with the small lip on the truck then i would be seriously down for that!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard