Print Thread
Page 10 of 27 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 26 27
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Pre98:
Plain and Simple I think it would look good. I'd never pay $500 to replace my OEM trunklid for something that looks exactly the same anyways.

Uuu it's mostly about weight savings.

If I was that concerned about weight savings, I'd take the trunk lid off.. But since that'd look even more dumb than what most are making this trunklid out to be, I'll pass on that.. As for the lid, I really want to see the finished product before making up my mind, but I think it will actually look a lot better than made out to be.. I think the spoiler looks big because it's only in comparison the the trunk lid itself.. Once we see that spoiler on 3000lbs of metal, it might look toned down a little.. Give it a rest with all the hating, CF1 has gone out of their way for us, whether we agree with their business style or not..

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Passed a CLK 500 on the way to lunch and I spotted to spoiler.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i cant wait........hopefully they can have this on my doorstep before spring zing...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Stazi:
They should also fill in the spot to remove the entire rear reflector. I don't want it, and transferring over my painted silver one onto a CF trunk will look totally gay!

Stazi, mine is unpainted and mannn... I'd i have been wanting to paint mine but dont want to go through the trouble. Keep that in mind

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Scott60, Dion will probably not appreciate the before you were born comment, as he is most likely closer to your age than you think....I agree it looks like a Camaro wing from the pic supplied, bu that's what happens when you post one or two "prototype" pics and especially when it's not on the car itself. I'm just going to wait and see how this ends up before I actually think any more about it...

One last thing, what was CF1 thinking when they went to an extreme like that without looking to their largest consumer base before doing it? A little risky if you ask me. And it's shown to be so far.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

Here is my WORST..... PHOTO..... CHOP..... EVER!!!
If someone else wants to tackle this using a "fancy" program other than one that came with their canon printer give it a shot. Just glancing at it.. I think the finished product will look killer.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
Scott60, Dion will probably not appreciate the before you were born comment, as he is most likely closer to your age than you think....I agree it looks like a Camaro wing from the pic supplied, bu that's what happens when you post one or two "prototype" pics and especially when it's not on the car itself. I'm just going to wait and see how this ends up before I actually think any more about it...

One last thing, what was CF1 thinking when they went to an extreme like that without looking to their largest consumer base before doing it? A little risky if you ask me. And it's shown to be so far.

Yes, Scott, I'm actually 35, my parents are the original owners of the Camaro. They purchased in back in Dec. 1968, right before they got married.

As for CF1, I seriously doubt that the Contour owners are their largest consumer base. They cater to a lot of different makes and models. But I do consider us the luckiest group as they make two hoods and one trunk, as well as the sail panels. They may not be to everyone's liking, but they produce parts for us.

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I myself would love to have is a pre98 hood with the EVO like scoop on it...

And a pre98 trunk lid with a lips spolier on it. I don't think us pre98 guys will be that lucky. I will just stick with the stuff I have got.

Chris Carr92 SHO MTX~99 Taurus SE~95 Contour SE "Be good. If you cant be good, be careful. If you cant be careful, name it after me. Anonymous"
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Quote:

As for CF1, I seriously doubt that the Contour owners are their largest consumer base. They cater to a lot of different makes and models. But I do consider us the luckiest group as they make two hoods and one trunk, as well as the sail panels. They may not be to everyone's liking, but they produce parts for us.

What I meant by their largest consumer base, I should have specified more, is for Contour products. I know they make products for other makes/models, I was just saying that hopefully they can get enough of us to purchase an "extreme" product to cover their costs incurred on the project. Or hopefully they're doing well enough to take on a risky project like so and are prepared to take the hit.

Oh, and the weight savings comment is a joke hopefully...for a 3000 lb street car, removing 10 lbs from the rear is as easy as taking out a back seat or even the spare. Carbon Fiber is about the bling to 90% of the people who buy it. Carbon Fiber is to tuner guys what diamonds are to women.

Last edited by JonnySVT; 03/13/05 08:44 PM.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
Quote:

Carbon Fiber is about the bling to 90% of the people who buy it. Carbon Fiber is to tuner guys what diamonds are to women.

you are 100% correct

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Page 10 of 27 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 26 27

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard