Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S

lip survey
feelin' the lip
not feelin' the lip
undecided wuss

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I can see it in my mind on a tour... and I think it will look sick! Now, is the entire lid CF? I'm confused about what its made of. Is the lip made of fiber and just "bondo-d" tot he trunk and them painted to look like CF??

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
These are pictures of the trunk they are going to use the make the mold for it.

Chris Carr92 SHO MTX~99 Taurus SE~95 Contour SE "Be good. If you cant be good, be careful. If you cant be careful, name it after me. Anonymous"
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
AHHHHH... okay, thanks. Can't wait to see the finished product, now.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by pole120:
i'm really not feeling the lip, but i hope all turns out well in the end....

what i'ld really like to see is a CF post 98 trunklid, no spoiler, and a shaved face(like dean joyce's )

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I can't imagine that would look good on any Contour. Not only the height, but it seems boxy and doesn't flow with the smooth shape of the car.

Hopefully, the production version deals with these issues. I would loved to see a well-done CF truck lid.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
As I stated before when they were 1st talking about this...make a stock OEM trunk lid, probably a pre-98. This would more than likely satisfy just about everyone, if you want to add a Lip, wing, etc. you would have that option to pick something that is of your own particular taste and choice. If CF1 was smart about this they could create a couple of carbon fiber spoilers/wings to sell as well that fit an OEM CF trunk lid. I think they really screwed up here. As for all you guys coming out and saying "if it's anything like the CF1 cowl hood it will be awesome". Well, apparently you don't have one or haven't looked at one very closely I do have one and in general I like it (from a distance and in pic's) but if I had to buy it over again I probably wouldn't. The fit is poor and the finish and overall quality is average at best. I would consider my hood a "BLEM" but it was not sold to me that way�I paid full price. This CF1 Trunk Lid w/Old School Spoiler is just like the mistake they made on the Cowl hood's useless little scoop/bird bath they put in the center of the hood. If they had asked CEG up front they would have found out that ~90% would NOT have wanted the scoop. The current pole in this thread is clearly showing the same about the CF1 trunk lid as well. With such a small market this clearly was not a smart move on their part. Lets face it this car is a dying bread and in general not very desirable to the majority of the general public or even car enthusiast. IMHO if not for the SVT or Mondeo this car wouldn't get any real interest whatsoever for modding other then a few poor high school kids with Grandmom's free Contour. As we all well know...kid's will try and mod just about anything. Body parts in general for the most part have been developed for the non-SVT guys since they are easily found and typically much cheaper. This gives them a chance to convert to the SVT look or some other custom version, you don't find too many SVT guys changing the body all that much.

All in all I'm glad CF1 is willing to make parts for our cars but if they want to do well they need to get online here and get real opinions before they build things that pretty much only we here on CEG will buy for the most part.

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Did you ever think about cutting the birdbath and making the hood functional!? That is what a few MI guys did.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Thats just it...a cowl hood should be functional with the cowl..that's the whole point! If the rear is open (and I don't know on the contour cowl hoods if it is or not) then you don't need the 'bird bath'...plus the 'bird bath' takes away from the hood itself.

I have to agree with Scotty to the MF'ing D about the trunk...the wing just does not flow with the lines of the car. If you have Kaotic or whatever body kit, then maybe it would work, but with the stock lines...no. don't try to make a new car with smooth lines into an old school boxy type car..ain't gonna work.
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Did you ever think about cutting the birdbath and making the hood functional!? That is what a few MI guys did.

Ryan Trollin!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by scottd60:
"if it's anything like the CF1 cowl hood it will be awesome". Well, apparently you don't have one or haven't looked at one very closely I do have one and in general I like it (from a distance and in pic's) but if I had to buy it over again I probably wouldn't. The fit is poor and the finish and overall quality is average at best. I would consider my hood a "BLEM" but it was not sold to me that way�I paid full price.

I feel the same way about the quality of my hood. I saw their ebay auction for "grade b" hoods. Mine has all the same defects but was told this is all normal. I recieved $100 back for a bad latch but still have the bubbles, and skewing.
But at the same time no one else is making a hood like that.

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard