Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I think we should probably see the finished product before we start pointing out flaws.. The wing might be a lot smaller than it looks in the picture.. Once it's on the car, it might look a lot different also.. And I think we all know, pictures don't do detailed work justice..

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I think we should probably see the finished product before we start pointing out flaws.. The wing might be a lot smaller than it looks in the picture.. Once it's on the car, it might look a lot different also.. And I think we all know, pictures don't do detailed work justice..

Mark

Right on. Early stages never look porportioned right, especialy in a picture. People were saying the same thing about the cowl hood when I posted early mold pics. I would refrain judgement until its completed. Props to CF1 for taking the intiative.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
But would anyone else rather have a rear reflector delete?

'00 CSVT Koni/B&G (New), SCA intake, 18 inch Falken Circuit Spec (gunmetal), CF hood, Headlights by Dan, Mirko, deleted front license plate/painted chrome ring. Headers/y pipe installed - TruBendz Borla system no Res and optimized TB. Getting there!
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by livinsvt:

Props to CF1 for taking the intiative.

yes props for CF1 for taking the initiative to make 1...but...the props get takin away b/c they didnt take contour owners opinions into consideration. The goal was to make a trunk/wing that would be received very well which ultimatly would make them $ while making happy customers. Instead they made a trunk/wing that doesn't flow very well and as you can see not too many like it. It is crucial in the design phase to do research on what ppl like and what style is in demand. Aparently this step was skipped and the homework was not done. I do belive CF1 could produce an amazing looking trunk/wing if a "a little here a lot there" was taken off but considering how many ppl love the pre98 lip soiler, they would be kicking themsevles if they didnt do a type of molded in replica such as that. But most importantly they need something that FLOWS w/ the lines of the car in any wing they make.

If i owned that company I would fire all the design staff for not listening to what ppl want. In todays world you have to look at supply and demand. You can't just design something on a whim b/c thats the style YOU want to do. Bad move. But if their cards are played right they can turn this around and come up w/ a kick azz trunk

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
ummmmmmmmmmmm, i think i like it.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
Is it made to be aerodynamic? Is it functional?

NOTHING is functional until your going 120 or so. The only way to have a wing actualy make a signifacant impact on downforce at low speed, it would have to be an f1 wing. even then i doubt they make huge amounts of d/f and 70mph.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i like it...only i'll take one in fiber glass, with a white tour and black cf hood & trunk lid,plus black wheels it might make the tour look like a used police cruiser

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by mikey boy:

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Originally posted by mikey boy:

You guys are in denial....you will take any trunk if its made of carbon cause you been waiting so long.... Lets just say they would have had me as a customer...

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
#1209703 03/10/05 05:41 AM
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Here are the most recent pictures..hopefully, you guys will see beyond the early stages....

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard