Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
my question is kindof about the how to. at the top it says it can be done to all vehicles, but in the how to...it says it will show the most imporvement in 2.5L...does that mean it cant be done on 2.0l?? i wouldnt think so but i just wanted to check and make sure. my other question...if it can be done, has anyone done it in a 2.0 and if so...is the outcome noticable...and is it worth it?
thanks
kev

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
yeah it can be done, check out buckshots website, depending on the year the price varies,is it worth it????????if better throttle response,and a couple of ponnies mean anything to you it is

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
i didnt mean the new throttle boby...i meant the otimized throttle body in the how to where you countersink the screws(sorry for not being more clear)

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
????????? well countersinking the screws isnt the only part of optimizing........you need to shave off some of the tb bar,maybe knife the tb edges,remove some of the excess tb material to make the opening a little wider

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I have one......it can be done.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
It is easy to do, just time consuming.
Once you look at the TB you know what needs to be done.
I believe at some point in time there was a how-to, search the Duratec Performance forum.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I had one done. Didn't really notice any gains (1 HP somewhere in the band, IIRC), but throttle response was a tad bit improved.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Jeeze D, you come back and start diggin up 3 week old posts.
Must be trying to catch up?

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I don't really think this is a problem for the Zetec's.
Probably should look at getting a chip first if you have an ATX. TB's, V-Cams, UD-pully and all that stuff are nice and add up. However, nothing beats adding a new chip, turbo, cold air intake mods, headers and using a higher grade of gas. If you want all that other stuff you might as well buy a better engine.

Maybe it's just me though? What do I know, I'm not a car guy, more of a computer grandmaster.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard