Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Since cars seem to be a never-ending money pit for upgrading, some people set goals when they will be content with what their cars have and finally call it quits with the modding. Some do it because they need to reach a long term financial goal and have to set themselves limits, some do it because they are simple people and don't need much on their cars to be happy.

Regardless of the reason, as we get older, some of us simply become more monetarily mature, and learn how to administer our money correctly to allow for saving and investing while we periodically mod our cars. I have set a limit to my modding, not because I am blind to my own ambition to continue upgrading forever, but in my case I have a budget cap since I am planning on buying a second property in August.

So... I will be "done" with my tour after the following...

1.) Sony Xplod 7" TFT Multimedia/DVD head unit
2.) Sony Xplod 15" Subwoower, amp, and pioneer 3-way 6x8s
3.) Front OMP strut Bar (Yellow to match Konis)
4.) Rear SP Motorsports strut brace
5.) Install Koni front & rear struts (already have them)
6.) Re-Install my 19" wheels (They are in my girl's garage)
7.) Purchase & Install my MSDS headers & y-pipe (included)
8.) (Maybe a mirko, we'll see...)

After this, I am DONE!... (till after my 2nd house at least heh heh heh...).

XL

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Silly guy... modding never stops.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by LilRedRocket:
Silly guy... modding never stops.

What he said!

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
agreed ^^^ i said that once i got the body kit and the car painted thats it!!!!.......that was two years ago,i've since sunk....well more than my car is worth...and still going ........although i am applying for a loan today to get a 98 csvt..so we'll see

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
as long as i have money to spend on the car, then i will.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by durateX:
Subwoower, amp, and pioneer 3-way 6x8s
3.) Front OMP strut Bar (Yellow to match Konis)

Are you going to have anything else yellow under the hood? Since you won't be able to see the Koni's with the car being slammed, it'll just look like you have a yellow strut bar. Not dogging yellow if that's what you like, but if you're wanting it to flow with something, I'd color match it to something under the hood.. Maybe silver frost to match the body color, or blue to match plug wires, intake pipes, other powdercoated items.. Just my $.02

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Not dogging yellow if that's what you like, but if you're wanting it to flow with something, I'd color match it to something under the hood.. Maybe silver frost to match the body color, or blue to match plug wires, intake pipes, other powdercoated items..

That actually makes total sense Mark. I was trying to stay monochromatic anyway, so either silver or black to match the rear one will do... Thanks for the idea.

XL

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
And modding never really stops, until you sell the car, or move onto another project. I like to think of this financial point in my life as "slowing down" on my mods. Once some things get taken care of, Im sure I can find quite a few mods I'll be doing.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
mirko splitter and thats about it.

and the sound system is something that i am always messing with in every car i own.

but i bought this car specifically because i don't want to mod it. i bought it with the mods i really wanted, and know that the platform is limited enough that it would be pointless to dump tons of money into it.

it's sort of an exercise in forced self-control.

i guess after the last 15 years of dumping all my free money into my vehicles, only to get no return on those investments has finally worn me down. from here on out, if i want to mod a car, i will have a very specific goal and a very specific budget (i.e. 700 hp daily driver mustang gt or the like).

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Saving for a house here...

Mines bone stock down to the paper filter. Original everything at 100k.

Shocks were toast, so I "splurged" and went with the BAT kit instead of the mediocre SVT struts. Waiting on Stazi brakes to get here to do an all in one install... I don't really consider these mods as the SVTs had factory upgraded front brakes and struts/springs so replacing these maintenance items with OEM parts simply isn't cost effective.

This is my commuter car anyhow and paid for at that. The more money I spend on it, the further I am from purchasing my home so it really isn't as much of a battle.

On a side note, I went nuts (hmmm, pun?) with a previous car to the point where it was completely impractical to drive every day and ended up with a good deal of residual debt after the car was sold. I'm not going to even think about repeating that mistake.

Short answer, I was done the day I bought it.

98 C-SVT
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard