Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
that IN thingworks in some places, my friend did that with a mazda3 but didn't get far

Semper Fi... It's Hard To Be Modest When You Know You're The Best...
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
All you need is a VIN. When i had my Sonoma i lost the key and the dealership just needed to VIN to replace the key. That also could of been for the fact that my name was on the profile at the dealership and they could prove i bought the vehicle. But then again it is a scary thought.

The "Bluer Tour" 1998.5 SVTour R.I.P. 2000 ATX Tour SE
W
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
Same thing happened with my '87 Camry - at the end of a long day I opened the door of another gunmetal grey Camry in the same parking lot, and realized the size 12 running shoes on the seat didn't belong to me!

Will Keith 1996 Contour GL Duratec V6 Auto 190,000 km No modifications, yet...
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
When I was younger my mom gave me the keys to go out to our '92 Taurus wagon, in blue. Probably the most common car in our town by 10x. Well, I got in, and started one, then realized... there's no baby seat in the back, for my little sister! I look over, and sure enough, 3 cars down there it is.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Wow these stories are weird, one of my HS friends his old car (88 Dodge Daytona) had like 4 keys for it, one to unlock driver door, one to unlock passenger door one to open rear hatch one to start it. My other friend had a 85 S10 Blazer and he could take his key out going down the road and it would still run.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
my 95LX ignition key would come out while running... I used it to leave the car running and go to the gas stations to get a drink.. I could still lock it, lol..

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I have seen VIN numbers on the driver's side and passenger side window on a Tour at a parking lot. Anyone seen this or have it on their Tour? Weird.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by TourminatorGL:
I have seen VIN numbers on the driver's side and passenger side window on a Tour at a parking lot. Anyone seen this or have it on their Tour? Weird.

its called etching. ive got it on all of my windows. when the dealer(only some do this)got my car, the first thing they did was etch the vin in all the windows with acid. then when they were selling it to me they tried to rip me off by charging me for it. its an "antitheft" thing so if ur car is stolen or stripped, the theft has to replace all the widows, or if its still intacked, the police can recover the car eisier...with some plan they wanted me to buy...ive already bought an antitheft plan...its called insurance

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Here's what to do to make sure your car doesn't get stolen. And while we're at it, here's what to do to get out of a ticket.

PS. If this is a repost, sorry. I just thought they were both too hilarious to pass up.

Last edited by wa2tuff; 03/06/05 01:18 AM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
My friend about got his G35 taken like that in D.C. But he had CCTV on the car a saw the guy come and get the VIN# when he came back the next night he was busted by the cops. He had a hook-up at the dealer and they both got busted and they had snached like 3-4 other G35s that month. Thats why he had CCTV on the car. I told him to put tape over it a few weeks befor it happened but he didn't get around to it. But at least he knew what the guy was tring to do.

Chris Carr92 SHO MTX~99 Taurus SE~95 Contour SE "Be good. If you cant be good, be careful. If you cant be careful, name it after me. Anonymous"
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard