Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by Ray:
my 95LX ignition key would come out while running... I used it to leave the car running and go to the gas stations to get a drink.. I could still lock it, lol..

Ray

Ive seen that on a few saturns! Crazy!

Also my friends parents 2nd gen Taurus' key would open other Taurus'.

I was about to add sinilar to the last post. All you need is someone with a connection at the dealer to bypass all security clearances, crooked employees.

Also I heard that if you car is stolen with a key that some insurance companies wont cover it.

I have an alarm so I am not real worried about my car, plus its a tour.

About the VW key that was mentioned. I think they are real anal about the key cutting because it costs a lot to cut them and they usually have to have them sent in as the machine to cut them is like 3K, im sure they dont want you bailing on them and leaving them with the cost.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Well, you guys with 1999+ Contours, other Fords and many Imports don't have to worry about getting your car stolen with the key. Even if they take the Vin to the dealer and have a key cut, they still need to program it into PATS. In order to do this on 1999+ versions of the TI embedded chip PATS, you must have two working keys. So, while they may be able to get a key cut, they won't be able to program it so it will start your car. That is unless you give them both of your other sets of keys as well.

TI switched to this form of key programming after getting reports of crooked dealers who would clone clients keys while their cars were in for service. By requiring both keys to program a third, it makes it virtually impossible for someone to clone your key without your knowledge.

K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by WestCoastAjax:
I love the number of people that take Emails as the GOD OWN TRUTH...
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_car_thieves_vin.htm

figured someone would link to that site.though it does explain what it is, it does say it has worked before.
works or not, if you live in a state where its allowed take 2 minutes and a penny worth of electrical tape (or some tape to match the dash, and cover it.

-Kes

95 Contour GL MTX stock, no money AIM: Andy The Wicked
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard