Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
OK. So, assuming I ran over a stump and cracked my oil pan, would the Ford dealer replace the pan with an exact match, or with the latest 5L8E Update common to all Duratecs?

An aftermarket, non-stock oil pan would bump me to street prepared, but if this is a Ford-mandated replacement then perhaps it would fall under the same umbrella as "crash bolts" and such.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
OK, so, I just got off the phone with the local dealer parts guy, and he gave me this part# for a replacement pan:

5L8Z-6675-AA

He also said that it needed a separate gasket...

What pan is this? Is this the original design pan or similar to the 5L8E pan?

If this is an upgrade, I'm because that would make it a "standard" part per SCCA rules...

--------------------------------------

Nevermind. Terry Haines already answered this.

Originally posted by The Master:
...some of you may know that the 2.5 oil pan has now been superceeded by the '05 Escape part.Part #'s Oil Pan ...5L8Z-6675-AA...New dipstick ..4L8Z-6750-AA...New dipstick tube..3M4Z-6754-AB...The oil pump pickup tube for the 2.5 remains the same....Just FYI... :wink

Last edited by RogerB; 02/25/05 10:09 PM.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
In this case I'd tell SCCA to go f--- themselves. It's a change that would do nothing but possibly help keep your engine together yet it'd bump you to a faster class? Bite me.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
In this case I'd tell SCCA to go f--- themselves. It's a change that would do nothing but possibly help keep your engine together yet it'd bump you to a faster class? Bite me.

I wouldn't even mention it unless you are going to win some serious prize money, which I just don't see happening to many auto-xers.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Whoa, boys. No need for vulgarity.

I'm at the point where I don't care, but it would be nice to still be within the rules, and not have to beg for a local exception or run in a higher class.

I'm more apt to be open with local club members and let be what will be. They are typically pretty flexible. If all else fails, there's an "open" class for oddballs. Anyway, I'd rather be up front with people than earn a rep for "hiding" stuff. There is no prize money, so it is a gentleman's game.

B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
It's an upgrade pan that has the fins inside of it. Since it's a stock ford replacement part that has just been upgraded, you shouldn't have any need for a reclassification the way I see it. I think the same could probably be said for switching to a dual honed SVT intake on a 98. If you had to order a replacement for some reason, you're going to get an upgraded part as the replacement from the factory.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
good call- if the factory makes the switch, linking the old part # to the new, there's really no choice.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard