Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Woogieman:
The pictures were bad enough , but now there are more people stepping up & saying how crappy there experience was. I don't think SAL needs to say anything now. Even if the two sides disagree, what he did was pretty unprofessional & shows us how he handles tough situations.

AND he paid for that! i could maaaybe see if he seriously shorted the guy, but not having paid him the amount he demanded!
even if he had shorted this "Sal" character, the appropriate thing to do then would be to just hold onto the car until payment in full was received.
IMO, this behavior was absolutely unexcusable and if you have to show those pictures to a judge, Im sure he/she'd agree.

if im not mistaken, wasnt this the shop where your car was supposedly "broken into?" if it is, i think a serious beatdown is in order for these guys.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
three words:

ARIZONA
DYNO
CHIP

'nuff said, why bother having someone else do it, when they've done it right from a complete virgin build up TWICE on our contours, both of which (me and Keyser) have put down some of the highest numbers on these boards. . .

but hey, my theory is if YOU can't do it right the first time, have SOMEONE else do it right the first time. . . .

Suneil

B
Learned patience the hard way
B
Prodigy, sorry to hear about your car. As to the cost issue however, you can be assured that because it is a custom job you want done, most places will not give you an estimate on it. They may ballpark you if they really feel like it, but as someone who works on these cars on a regular basis, it's near impossible to tell you exactly how long and how much a swap like this will cost. There is an untold amount of minor custominzing, fabircation, and just plain messing around that has to be done to make everything work right. If I give a hard quote, I've got to be very careful to address every single issue that I think I might run into and to that point I still let the customer know that as issues arise there may be changes to the cost. To that end, I'm pretty much getting out of the installation side of things just due to the risks involved.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
yes buckshot, but in that case, the installer should give periodic estimates so that the customer can decide if he can afford to continue, unless of course you drop it off and say "i dont care what it costs i want this bad boy done!"
no matter how custom a job, a customer shouldn't arrive in a month or two to have the shop say, "ok, you us $17k for your $5k car" they should be able to give a rough estimate and then give periodic estimates in stages. its in the best inerests of BOTH parties to do this. im not saying that custom work is cheap, Lord knows ive paid my dues for it, but if an enethical shop thinks they can spring the "big whammy" on their customers and rape them with no consequences, theyre mistaken.
hell, there wasn't even an agreed upon expressed contract between Prodigy and this shop. no estimate. just an implied contract which means that if went to court, the judge, or possibly jury, would get decide on how much is due based on local and customary charges.

Prodigy, if you honestly feel that you paid WAY too much for the "work" that was done to your car, if any, then i would suggest you seek advice from a lawyer. there are many that will consult with you for free, and even take the case based upon a contingency fee. contact your local/state bar association for a list of referrels of attorneys who do this type of work.
even if you DID pay what it was worth, the cost of repairs for damages they did to your car could be subtracted from that. you dont have to "prove" anything. the facts of the case speak for themselves and the court will decide.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Suneil, do you still have your car? I missed what happened on Ebay...

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
...And you think you know people...

My relationship with Sal has ended as of this second...

Can't believe some people. When I read the initial post about Brian's car, I was puzzled in that he did not post any info on the shop.

I go overthere and he tells me that he basically did all the work for just about pennies... Says that Brian did not listen to him, and that he made his life a living hell... Then the last lie was that HE KICKED BRIAN OUT!!!

I just got off the phone with him, told him to [censored] himself, and gave him a guarantee that he will NEVER see another CEGer in there...

Brian, sorry that I doubted you. I thought I knew the man. I guess not...

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Quicksilver:

Can't believe some people. When I read the initial post about Brian's car, I was puzzled in that he did not post any info on the shop.

I go overthere and he tells me that he basically did all the work for just about pennies... Says that Brian did not listen to him, and that he made his life a living hell... Then the last lie was that HE KICKED BRIAN OUT!!!

I just got off the phone with him, told him to [censored] himself, and gave him a guarantee that he will NEVER see another CEGer in there...

Would you ever doubt me ????
And i thought you loved me.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I am in florida right now so not much time to type but I need a bolt kit, if there is one for our cars...I have to peice this thing together...I need bolts for just about everything in the engine bay and saying wha they are too since sal stuck them all in one bucket and lost others.. I need diagrams of the peices and the where the bolts go. Should i get those from ford? any help or ideas...I was told by my shop that parts are takin apart that did not need to be takin apart. So i need as much help as i can get...Thanks Brian

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Quicksilver:

I'm shocked to see you changing your feelings after seeing what other people though about the guy.

B
B
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
I am in florida right now so not much time to type but I need a bolt kit, if there is one for our cars...I have to peice this thing together...I need bolts for just about everything in the engine bay and saying wha they are too since sal stuck them all in one bucket and lost others.. I need diagrams of the peices and the where the bolts go. Should i get those from ford? any help or ideas...I was told by my shop that parts are takin apart that did not need to be takin apart. So i need as much help as i can get...Thanks Brian

Brian, bad luck on your part, with the exception of going to the dealer and ordering all the bolts you need, you're pretty much SOL. If you do go to the dealer and order the bolts, hold on to your butt as it's about to get ripped open! My suggestion would be to take the car and parts to someone who knows where they go without having to be labelled even if it's just for the reassembly. I'd suggest talking to Terry Haines- secondline@ameritech.net as he's one of the few people I know that could do it along with myself and most likely Stazi.

Sorry,
Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard