Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Interest check on a new batch of these modules.

Current Features:

1-touch open feature for the sunroof or any window you want to put one on.

Integrates to the factory keyless entry system to control the sunroof or window with the remote control.
Allows the following:

- Press unlock 3 times and the sunroof or window will roll open.
- Press unlock, lock and the sunroof will close, or if already closed it will lift up.

Possible add-on features that I may be able to offer:

- Control 1 or more windows in the same manner as listed above using an add on board. I expect that this add-on board will have to be hardwired into the drivers door to access all the window switches in a common area and will require to wires going from the control module to it. This would allow 1,2,3,4 windows to be hooked up. NO separate control of the windows.

-Possibly have a separate button combo to roll open the windows after the moonroof is open, or have all open at the same time. I don't know, I need feedback on this.

-Use a optional add-on board with hi-power mosfets to control the sunroof/window motors instead of wiring in a bunch of relays. It will connect to the control module via a header plug. Relays work well and have been in my car for 3 years with this device. They do however go bad and cause voltage spikes. This setup will save lots of space, be less likely to rattle, and probably be simpler to install though it will cost more than two relays. However, if you want to control all windows and sunroof, then 10 relays can get expensive and this would end up cheaper.

Here is what I need to know: I need an interest check and I need a list of the desired features from the options I listed above. DON'T ask for auto-up feature on the windows. It would be easy to do but I won't open myself up for the liability that someones kid or dog has his head hanging out the window and gets choked to death because the buttons are hit by accident or something!
The moonroof can already be opened and closed by remote and I can probably make it so the windows can also be closed by remote. I'll have to see the interest first.

Expect between $100-$115 for the control module and about $40 for the add-on mosfet control board if we make it.
If we add on the extra features for separate window control it may go up a bit.

I have to admit it has been really cool being one of 5 people to have a car with this capability to close and open the sunroof while outside the car.

**This will also work on any car with similar lock/unlock inputs for keyless entry like the contour. If you have an aftermarket alarm it will also work with the lock/unlock outputs on that alarm making it easy to integrate on any car with some sort of a power motor or solenoid assembly. You get creative and this can work to power up almost anything from the remote.**

Add your name to the reply with your options and if we get enough interest we will go through with it.

Check it out by clickin on my website at the bottom of my signature and follow the link to sunroof module to see the first generation device that my partner and I created.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I AM ABSOLUTLY STOKED you are offering this. I was reading your website a couple weeks back thinking.. DAMN, that'd be awseome.

The ability to open and close the windows and sunroof via remote would be awesome. Not QUITE sure if I read everyhting correclty, but something around closing and opening via remote is what I'd like. Price seems to be at an alright benchhmark.

Could you eleaborate a wee bit more on how to install it, necesary tools (well... specialty, if needed). I have electrical knowledge, just need to know what is needed for the install. Splicing? Etc... Removal of all door panels and acess to all the switches? Does wire need to be run to all the doors, etc. I'm not a moron... just new fangled non plug and play electrical devices can be a pita if you don't know what to expect.

Next question. Whats the range of use.. basically the same as locking and unlocking (about 200 feet)?

Lastly, when would these be available? Approx. time frame would be helpful, I won't have my CSVT til mid march.

Anyways, go ahead and put me down as interested.

ALSO... when you say 1,2,3,4 windows with no seperate controls, what do you mean? Example, the use of the remote will not work individual windows seperatly? It doesn't mean that once installed, all windows work together, meaning, I hit the drivers side window button, they'll all go down?

I re-read your post and let me summarize. i would like to beable to roll all 4 windows down and open the sunroof at the same time, and close them at the same time.... then beable to pop the sunroof open by itself. So....

press unlock three tiems... all windows roll down and sunroof retracts open.

Press unlock lock.... all windows roll up and sunroof shuts

Press unlock lock again.... sunroof vents.

New question, what is the range of how far the windows go down? Will the go all the way downlike normal operation, half way, 1/4 way? Thanks

Last edited by LilRedRocket; 02/25/05 03:05 PM.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I will sell part of my soul and probably a fair amount of plasma to get one if you sell them

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I am interested, but how hard is it to install, that is the million dollar question!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by LancasterSVT:
I will sell part of my soul and probably a fair amount of plasma to get one if you sell them

.. I match your offer, and raise you 3 finger nails, common sense, and 2oz. of sperm.

STILL deffinetly interested!!!!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Very interested.

Steven

Steven '98.5 SVT DMD, K&N, Magnaflow res, Falcon floormats, electrochomatic rearview mirror and other little goodies
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Ok, there is some interest but I'd need a few more people to go with this.

Install is about the same as installing an SAFC, a car alarm, or a radio.

Download the old instruction sheet from the website, I think it is still up.

I'm still working the details, but I'll keep you posted.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Thanks warmonger. Hope you can make this a happen!

#1197762 03/01/05 03:58 AM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Gotta bump this thing, it needs at least a good six to eight people to make this happen!

Come on people, this has been the best device available so far for 1-touch open and remote control all in the same lightweight package!
Unique and you won't even find luxury cars with this kind of device.

warmonger

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Yeah guys.. if you'll spend a hundred bucks on some ricer guages.... you gotta have the phat G's to get this.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard