Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
I might not be able to make it. If everything is running good then i will be there and as for paying i have to reassured on a few things before i make that decision. you are right $75 is no big deal so when i am ready i will make that decision. whats the cutoff date?

Well I see I'm not the only one that expected that answer from you prodigy

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
fixed.
spring zing is not my main focus right now. Paying someone to Get my car together is because I have no clue what anything on the car does.

Ryan Trollin!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
fixed.
spring zing is not my main focus right now. Paying someone to Get my car together is because I have no clue what anything on the car does.

I really don't know what you guys have against paying somebody to work on your car? I know I would rather pay somebody to re-work my engine then screw it up myself. I know that I am not mechanically inclined enough to do it correctly, even if I take my time. I know he talks a lot, but if he has the money to buy the fastest contour ev4r, I guess thats his prerogative.

FWIW, I really hope prodigy's car comes together soon, I really need to see another high preformance contour

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I agree Lancaster. Props if it happens, puking smileys if it doesn't. Also, 9 times out of 10, I would rather pay a mechanic to do the work. Sure, I've changed the IAT sensor, TPS, MAF, Plugs, wires... y'know, simple things. I would rather pay a pro who has the tools, know how, dedication, and time to "soop up" my ride. And anothe rnice thing about paying a pro, if they mess it up, they fix it at their cost, I mess it up.. I'm SOL. Also, some high performance parts like superchargers, tubros, etc have warranties and are VOID if not installed by a profesional and you obtain a receipt for the install. When it comes down to it... I haven't a clue when I would have the available time to have my car out of commision for weeks while I work on it... minutes are all I have in a day anymore.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Never said I do all of my own work.. Id just rather hear about it when he's done, that's all.. Until then, I'll remain skeptical.. If he proves me wrong, great.. I'd love to see a 500fwhp Tour.. But really, I've not seen any real evidence that he's having this kinda work done..

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Not that I don't completely disagreement with you guys, but IMO, I find it somewhat lacking when I see something in a magazine or on the street and the guy who owns the car paid to have the ALL of the work done. I respect guys who put in alot of their own wrench time on their cars with their modifications. I understand the lack of tools etc. I personally did not install my own engine in my car due to not having adequate tools, but I did assemble the complete motor, etc.

to each his own.

Ryan Trollin!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I'll be delighted to shake his hand when he rolls a 500 hp 'Tour into his driveway. I don't care if he does the work himself or not, it still shows respect for the platform and will benefit the image of the car & all CEGers.

A torque monster from the pages of Sport Compact running around loose will generate a lot of interest in the car, although all the kiddies signing on to ask noob questions and cross posting in various forums will be a pain...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

all the kiddies signing on to ask noob questions and cross posting in various forums will be a pain...

I agree with you RT 100%. When you pay someone to do it.. there's not as much pride takeninthe car. But hey, like you said, to each his own.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
if i had the tools and space i would definately do it my self but i am still young and looking for a place. I had my tranny and clutch changed while changing to a job with 100% commission. I needed the car fast. Well my mechanic tempted me to do a hybrid setup so i worked my ass off to get the money and bought another car.Then modding starting to begin. but now since i have just about replaced everything i have a good sense on how to do things and where they go. I took engines in highschool so i have some experience. Just rather do my work and pay a proffesional then spend the time on my car and make no additional money. I definatly would take more pride if i built it my self though. I can't dought that...

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Not that I don't completely disagreement with you guys, but IMO, I find it somewhat lacking when I see something in a magazine or on the street and the guy who owns the car paid to have the ALL of the work done. I respect guys who put in alot of their own wrench time on their cars with their modifications. I understand the lack of tools etc. I personally did not install my own engine in my car due to not having adequate tools, but I did assemble the complete motor, etc.

to each his own.

I'm with you all the way, but we all have our limitations.

I do as much as I can, which isn't much, but I'm lacking in skills, space, tools, and time. I enjoy doing my own work, because every time I do, I stretch my own knowledge and confidence.

But I'm a long way from tearing into the guts of a motor...

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard