Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1196036 02/23/05 07:57 PM
V
vpogv Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
Another alternative for those of you who want something different with the gauges yet don't like the look of the indiglo. ImportIntelligence agreed to make stock looking SVT gauges with a different glow color. So instead of the ever so popular green you can go with red while maintaining the stock "look" of the gauge cluster.

If 10 people are in then the price is $69.00. They take checks, money orders, Visa, Mastercard, Am. Express, and paypal.

Post if you are interested, once I see if there is interest I'll get this underway.

Once again, this is for the SVT gauge cluster to allow for different back lighting, it will NOT change how the gauges look during the day time.

99 Contour SVT needs a little lovin'
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Oh sweet lord!!!!!!!! Red This is what i wanted to begin with! This is ever so tempting. All i can say is if the HVAC was included... i would be a sucker considering the rest of my interior is done in red.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
just red eh? Any other color avail? This thread definatly needs some pics though in order to get some interest.

Also I'm sure you would want them to offer the complete set as there are many ppl looking for all 3(gauges, HVAC, light switch)

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
I'm already committed to the Indiglow GB, so forgive me if this seems like I'm butting in here. I would suggest have them make clear number gauges, at least as one of the options. That way, you can insert whatever color LEDs and get the color you want. Getting tired of blue? Change them to red, amber, etc.

Just a thought.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
V
vpogv Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
Quote:

Oh sweet lord!!!!!!!! Red This is what i wanted to begin with! This is ever so tempting. All i can say is if the HVAC was included... i would be a sucker considering the rest of my interior is done in red.

HVAC is not included, however I can see how much extra to add them if people would like.

Quote:

just red eh? Any other color avail? This thread definatly needs some pics though in order to get some interest.

Also I'm sure you would want them to offer the complete set as there are many ppl looking for all 3(gauges, HVAC, light switch)

Other colors include blue, yellow, orange, along with the red already mentioned. I didn't mention the other colors earlier because I had to get verification different colors wouldn't change the price. I will also have to call ImportIntelligence back about making the other pieces.

Quote:

I would suggest have them make clear number gauges, at least as one of the options. That way, you can insert whatever color LEDs and get the color you want. Getting tired of blue? Change them to red, amber, etc.

They do not have the color "clear" available. However when I call to inquire about the hvac and light replacements I'll see if there is any way to do clear.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
red gauges would require you to install clear needles and LEDS b/c the needles are also red on the SVT. This is prob. more work than I would wish to do. Red was the only other color I was interested in but it just seems 2 be a hassle at $69 plus the additonal $ for the needles, LEDS etc.

Blue would require an entire blue LED interior replacement to look good and again is more work than hoped for. Yellow, orange, etc. just wouldn;t look good anyway IMO.

Think I'll stay w/ the 2 color indiglo GB...it will match the stock interior lighting better.

V
vpogv Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by mygameisplatnum:
red gauges would require you to install clear needles and LEDS b/c the needles are also red on the SVT. This is prob. more work than I would wish to do. Red was the only other color I was interested in but it just seems 2 be a hassle at $69 plus the additonal $ for the needles, LEDS etc.

Now I am not completely sure but wouldn't you only want to change the needles if you don't want them to be lit up red? And in this case standard SE needles would work from your local Junk Yard Dealer. But please correct me if I'm wrong, like I said I'm not completely sure.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
i was referring to red needles on red indiglo gauges would be stupid. It would be ahrd to read. You would have to get differnt color needels which is just another thing you have to do.

Im not sure if the bulbs lighting the needles are orange or white but if they are white and you use SE needles (which are white IIRC) then during the day it would be hard to read. Thats why I was saying you'd need clear needles w/ an LED such as blue that would work night and day.

V
vpogv Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by mygameisplatnum:
i was referring to red needles on red indiglo gauges ...... .....night and day.

Ok, I understand now.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
meybe, its interesting, but im gettin my baby painted so, im not sure which color i would want just yet... but ill get back 2 you

Semper Fi... It's Hard To Be Modest When You Know You're The Best...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard