Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1195468 02/23/05 07:18 AM
Z
zmud Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Z
everytime it rains or snow i get water on my passenger side floor under floor mat any one else have same problem?

98 Contour se 73 Bradley GT www.cardomain.com/id/zmud1
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
No but I get it under my driver's side floormat if my car is parked facing downhill when it rains. :\

98 Contour V6 MTX, T-Red, 150k mi. Pic SVT Dual Exhaust, KKM Intake, Donnely Mirror, Dension DMP3 Player w/80GB of MP3s, Wheelskin 95 F-150 91 Mustang GT 06 Honda Shadow Aero
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
on an older car i used 2 have same thing happened, ended up being the seal on the bottom of the windshield. any glass place cna repair it fairly cheap, hope this helped.

FORMER OWNER 2000 Black SVT #934 of 2150
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
It's leaking in around your cabin air filter. That's under the plastic windshield base, passenger side. You'll have to remove both wipers and the base (both sides, it's two parts)

The filter is held against the firewall in a "box" the leak is coming in around that box. I used silicon sealant all around the perimeter of that box and the leak hasn't been back in years.

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Nates right...its the cabin air filter box, the sealant inside the box cracks and lets water in.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
If you find it's not the cabin air filter, you may have the same problem I do.
When water comes in the window seal and through the inside of the door it usually drains out the bottom. With the car on an angle though, the water catches the inside of the door and rolls down until it comes out under the panelling, over the sill, and into the car. I've seen the trickle coming over the sill, so I know this is the problem with mine. Both sides will do it, just depends on what angle i'm parked when it's raining. I've just conceded that there is little I can do about it and my floor panels will probably start rotting out before they should.

-Chris 2000 SE Sport V6 5spd (all stock except for EO brakes)
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by sail114:
When water comes in the window seal and through the inside of the door it usually drains out the bottom. With the car on an angle though, the water catches the inside of the door and rolls down until it comes out under the panelling, over the sill, and into the car. I've seen the trickle coming over the sill, so I know this is the problem with mine. Both sides will do it, just depends on what angle i'm parked when it's raining. I've just conceded that there is little I can do about it and my floor panels will probably start rotting out before they should.

Don't you have multiple drain holes in that door. You may check to ensure all your drain holes aren't clogged. Unless you're at one heck of an angle, it shouldn't leak.

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
only way EVERY drain hold would be bypassed due to angle, you would be so steep that your E-brake wouldn't hold, either way..'

definitely look in to your door drains.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by sail114:
When water comes in the window seal and through the inside of the door it usually drains out the bottom. With the car on an angle though, the water catches the inside of the door and rolls down until it comes out under the panelling, over the sill, and into the car. I've seen the trickle coming over the sill, so I know this is the problem with mine.

I see the same thing, there's a little trickle line of water running down the plastic trim under the door and onto the edge of the floormat, directly under the door speaker. If I park facing downhill it drips in, if I park facing uphill no problem.

98 Contour V6 MTX, T-Red, 150k mi. Pic SVT Dual Exhaust, KKM Intake, Donnely Mirror, Dension DMP3 Player w/80GB of MP3s, Wheelskin 95 F-150 91 Mustang GT 06 Honda Shadow Aero
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Ray:
only way EVERY drain hold would be bypassed due to angle, you would be so steep that your E-brake wouldn't hold, either way..'

definitely look in to your door drains.

Ray

Ray, I agree. But the problem isn't clogged drain holes, as all of them are clear and open. The problem simply seems to be due to the surface tension of water in that it will follow along a surface until there is something to redirect (or break) the path. In this case, the water is probably catching part of the window assembly and dripping along the inside of the door, until it drips to the bottom of the vapor barrier, and then drips through.
-At least that's how i traced it with a hose with panelling off of the door.

-Chris 2000 SE Sport V6 5spd (all stock except for EO brakes)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard