Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I just got a set of Piaa 510's and want to put them in my SVT bumper. Searched for the howto Slimshaddy wrote up but all his pics and whatnot were deleted. Does anyone by chance have a copy they saved or can walk me though it. thanks

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
yay u finally got fogs, shoulda gone with the hella's (cheap but with the same light output) but I believe I may have somthing that may kinda help u..I did the Hella's howto so u can get ideas from that

here

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
i just saw piaa's in person. if the light output is the same, dayum. the hellas are a hella good deal! piaas are bright as heck, brighter than the headlights even.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
i just saw piaa's in person. if the light output is the same, dayum. the hellas are a hella good deal! piaas are bright as heck, brighter than the headlights even.

I know..same with the hellas

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
This one is from dave vega:

Tools and Materials required:
# ? Torx driver or bit
8mm combination wrench
1/4-inch drive, 8mm socket, ratchet, and 3-inch extension
Pair of pliers
4 quick-connect electrical connectors
Dremel tool or other grinder to remove plastic
1 inch of 1/8" I.D. rubber tubing (vacuum hose)
Black electrical tape

1. Raise the front of the car and support it on jack stands.
2. Remove the air dam, which is held on by 11 torx-head screws.
3. Disconnect the wiring from the existing fog lights.
4. Remove the existing fog lights, which are secured with two screws, one above the light and one below. The one below is easily removed by accessing it from the front of the light.
4. Remove the fog lights from the mounting brackets (they just snap in place).
5. Take one PIAA light and try placing it in the Ford mounting bracket. You'll see what part of the bracket has to be removed in order for the PIAA to fit.
6. Remove the excess material from the Ford mounting bracket, using a Dremel tool or some other type of grinder. Ensure that there is at least a 1/16th inch gap between the PIAA housing and the Ford mounting bracket. Sand the surface smooth after removing the material.
7. From the vacuum hose, cut off 4 "washers" that are 1/8" thick.
8. Disassemble the PIAA lens from the housing by removing the 2 screws.
9. Remove the PIAA mounting bolts from the mounting tabs.
10. Rotate the PIAA housing 180 degrees so that its mounting tabs are on the top side of the Ford mounting bracket (see Figure 1.1). They will not impede the installation in this position.
11. Attach the PIAA housing to the Ford bracket using the PIAA screws, rubber washers, and the PIAA "nuts" (flat, threaded brackets). Ensure that the nuts are oriented correctly (see Figure 1.2). DO NOT tighten the screws at this time--they need to be loose enough so that the lens can fit between the nuts and the housing.
12. Ensure that the rubber gasket around the lens is correctly in place, and ensure that the "PIAA" lettering on the lens is right-side up in relation to the Ford mounting bracket, and then push the lens onto the PIAA housing. If it doesn't assemble, try loosening the screws a little. Make sure that the gasket is even all the way around the lens, and then tighten the screws. Tighten them enough so that the light can be swiveled, but don't leave it too loose.
13. Repeat steps 8 through 12 for the other light.
14. Install the lights onto the car, using the original screws.
15. Take the PIAA wiring harness from the box and measure up the wire about 5 inches from the light connector. Cut the wires off there.
16. Take the quick connectors and connect the Ford wires to the PIAA wires: White to Orange and Black to Black. Crimp the connectors on tightly using the pliers.
17. Use the electrical tape to tape up the ends of the Ford connectors, to prevent unwanted shorts.
18. Re-install the air dam.
19. Lower the car to the ground.
20. Aim the lights to your liking by swiveling the light as required.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by XKontour98:
I just got a set of Piaa 510's and want to put them in my SVT bumper. Searched for the howto Slimshaddy wrote up but all his pics and whatnot were deleted. Does anyone by chance have a copy they saved or can walk me though it. thanks

If you haven't figured it out by now, go to here. This should help alot.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by Matt R:
This one is from dave vega:

Tools and Materials required:
# ? Torx driver or bit
8mm combination wrench
1/4-inch drive, 8mm socket, ratchet, and 3-inch extension
Pair of pliers
4 quick-connect electrical connectors
Dremel tool or other grinder to remove plastic
1 inch of 1/8" I.D. rubber tubing (vacuum hose)
Black electrical tape

1. Raise the front of the car and support it on jack stands.
2. Remove the air dam, which is held on by 11 torx-head screws.
3. Disconnect the wiring from the existing fog lights.
4. Remove the existing fog lights, which are secured with two screws, one above the light and one below. The one below is easily removed by accessing it from the front of the light.
4. Remove the fog lights from the mounting brackets (they just snap in place).
5. Take one PIAA light and try placing it in the Ford mounting bracket. You'll see what part of the bracket has to be removed in order for the PIAA to fit.
6. Remove the excess material from the Ford mounting bracket, using a Dremel tool or some other type of grinder. Ensure that there is at least a 1/16th inch gap between the PIAA housing and the Ford mounting bracket. Sand the surface smooth after removing the material.
7. From the vacuum hose, cut off 4 "washers" that are 1/8" thick.
8. Disassemble the PIAA lens from the housing by removing the 2 screws.
9. Remove the PIAA mounting bolts from the mounting tabs.
10. Rotate the PIAA housing 180 degrees so that its mounting tabs are on the top side of the Ford mounting bracket (see Figure 1.1). They will not impede the installation in this position.
11. Attach the PIAA housing to the Ford bracket using the PIAA screws, rubber washers, and the PIAA "nuts" (flat, threaded brackets). Ensure that the nuts are oriented correctly (see Figure 1.2). DO NOT tighten the screws at this time--they need to be loose enough so that the lens can fit between the nuts and the housing.
12. Ensure that the rubber gasket around the lens is correctly in place, and ensure that the "PIAA" lettering on the lens is right-side up in relation to the Ford mounting bracket, and then push the lens onto the PIAA housing. If it doesn't assemble, try loosening the screws a little. Make sure that the gasket is even all the way around the lens, and then tighten the screws. Tighten them enough so that the light can be swiveled, but don't leave it too loose.
13. Repeat steps 8 through 12 for the other light.
14. Install the lights onto the car, using the original screws.
15. Take the PIAA wiring harness from the box and measure up the wire about 5 inches from the light connector. Cut the wires off there.
16. Take the quick connectors and connect the Ford wires to the PIAA wires: White to Orange and Black to Black. Crimp the connectors on tightly using the pliers.
17. Use the electrical tape to tape up the ends of the Ford connectors, to prevent unwanted shorts.
18. Re-install the air dam.
19. Lower the car to the ground.
20. Aim the lights to your liking by swiveling the light as required.

Thanks a lot MAtt! now I just have to wait for the SVT brackets and im set!

D
DDV Offline
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I also have a few pictures on my profile (registry).

Good luck!
DDV(David Vega)

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by DDV:
I also have a few pictures on my profile (registry).

Good luck!
DDV(David Vega)

Thanks ill be sure to check it out!

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Grrrr! I just received the SVT fog light bracket from fordpartsonline.com and it only included the plate that mounts to the bumper not the assembly that surrounds the fog light Does anyone know what that part number might be or where I canget it! I really want to install myPiaa 510's and mySVT bumper didnt come with fogs!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard