Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Masscontour I subscribe to autoweek and have read that article before.

As a matter of fact I was showing it to a friend about 2 weeks ago.

I do not Autocross my contour.

nor do I drag race it.

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Can u ask him to measure his shaft and compare it to your shaft?

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
ive heard that Dodge supposedly browses the SRT forums to gather info on owners who race. although, you cant exactly prove that the person online is who they say they are.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Quote:

Masscontour I subscribe to autoweek and have read that article before.

As a matter of fact I was showing it to a friend about 2 weeks ago.

I do not Autocross my contour.

nor do I drag race it.

I know you're pissed; I would be too, I guess. I was just passing it along FYI. Good luck.

Old car: '98 SVT T-Red K&N air filter; Ford Focus RS shift knob. Off to be auctioned off somewhere. New car: 2003 Honda Accord DX Sedan, 5-speed.
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Oh, and by the way, before you go getting all pissy telling me you don't do this or don't do that, keep in mind that we can look at all of your past posts (hint, hint).

Old car: '98 SVT T-Red K&N air filter; Ford Focus RS shift knob. Off to be auctioned off somewhere. New car: 2003 Honda Accord DX Sedan, 5-speed.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
i know brad Webb. If you would like me to talk to him i can. I am the one who bought the aussie bar from you. brad gave me my svt for cost.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by MassContour:
Oh, and by the way, before you go getting all pissy telling me you don't do this or don't do that, keep in mind that we can look at all of your past posts (hint, hint).

Of course you can look around sir.

As far as getting pissy, I'm not going to get pissy on here at any of you guys, were all here to back each other up, right?

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Can u ask him to measure his shaft and compare it to your shaft?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
If ESP has sent an inspector, I would guess that your chances of getting Ford to pay for it are not good.

I'll give you a bit of an idea on how it works.

You take your car in for ESP repairs. The dealer checks it out to determine what it is likely to cost to repair. They check to see if it less than their limit (some dealers have higher limits than others). If it is over their ESP self authorization, they call ESP and tell them what they found. ESP decides if they are going to send an inspector or not. If they send an inspector, they wait for his report. These inspectors are independent inspectors that they get from a pool or list of approved inspectors. Most inspectors usually work for several extended warranty companies. Frequently they are trade school instructors (so they really know their stuff). ESP reviews the inspectors report and determine if they will pay the claim or not.

Sometimes in this process, the customer is contacted and told that ESP requires a tear down and that if the repairs are not covered that the customer will be responsible for the cost of the tear down. California law ( I don't know about other states) requires that the tear down extimate also allow for reassembly "as best possible". The customer can wave his right to the reassembly to reduce the cost if he wishes to tow the car out.

If the Claim is denied, the customer is given the option to pay the dealer for the repairs or to make other plans.

The main point I wanted to get to, if ESP denies a claim, they feel that they have a very strong case. Should you wish to contest it in court later, be very well prepared with your own experts.

Back to your question about what to ask about when you talk to the rep, try to find out as much as you can about why they are saying no, then try to determine if this is something that was beyond your control or if indeed it was from abuse. If you think that it was beyond your control, explain as carefully as possible why you feel that way. It would need to be very compelling to get him to find a way to overide whatever evidence ESP already has.

If you still do not succeed, you will need to evaluate if you want to pursue it in small claims court. You mentioned that Terry Haines may be able to help. Should he inspect the car and find strong evidence in your favor small claims court would probably be where you could sort that out.

I hope I have helped you better understand the position you are in, as have the other posters.

Don't forget to play the "SVT" card. The literature shows that it was built for such use (at least up to a point) and you did not use it in a manner that was inconsistant with their own indications. If you choose to go down this path, make sure you are well prepared. Get your hands on some SVT literature and become very familiar with it.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by blackbirdracing:
Turns out I check out "oasis" from another dealer he says the trans has been replaced or rebuilt 3 times. Prior to me owning the car.

Originally posted by Big Jim:
If you think that it was beyond your control, explain as carefully as possible why you feel that way.

maybe i am missing something here so forgive me if i am wrong. but assuming that blackbirdracing has not abused the car since he has owned it would he not have recourse since the previous owner clearly abused it most likely without his knowledge? that would seem to me to be out of his control.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
That may mean that he has recourse with the person or dealer that he bought the car from for lack of disclosure or even the dealer that did the prior repairs. ESP may or may not step up to that.

But I agree, that may be part of his defense. Sometimes Ford will step up rather than force the customer to duke it out with with another dealer.

If you can, you really want to try to get the dealership on your side if at all possible in such cases. If the service manager can tell the factory rep that this had to be out of the customer's control because of prior repair history and he did buy an extended warranty the rep just might step up.

I don't know enough about all the details here to help much more. Also things may have changed in the last few months. It has been nearly a year since I left a Ford dealership.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Good luck, man.

I do not know how "the system" works in IL, but here in WV, our Attorney General office will investigate claims against auto warranty programs. Might be something worth looking at.

former owner, 95 SE MTX 02 Ford Explorer
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard