Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by tour96se:
i think gains vary from app to app, you know depending on other work to the engine and exhaust but i think you can expect around 10-12 hp at the wheels?? someone wanna chime in and make me look stupid(they always do )

Really? Hmmm, that'll make me have to think about it. I only have the stock 2.5. Maybe not worth my $$$. 10-12hp is nice, but not $700 nice.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
i think gains vary from app to app, you know depending on other work to the engine and exhaust but i think you can expect around 10-12 hp at the wheels?? someone wanna chime in and make me look stupid(they always do )

Really? Hmmm, that'll make me have to think about it. I only have the stock 2.5. Maybe not worth my $$$. 10-12hp is nice, but not $700 nice.

i could be wrong about the hp...if you delete the ypipe that saves you 40.00 although you could easily sell it for 100.00

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
I have the Sho-shop Y. I take it that these MSDS headers won't work with it will they?

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
I have the Sho-shop Y. I take it that these MSDS headers won't work with it will they?

im sure ive read that it is actually worse to use with the shmo shop y pipe. just sell it. there are plenty of people who'd love to buy it. in sure you'd get more than the $40 you'd save by not getting the msds y pipe.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H

The sho shop will work with these headers. Sho shop even recomends it on there site!!

OK now msds won't warranty the headers if you use any other y-pipe. Well because the y-pipe like the bat-pipe and sho shop don't use the stock bolt attachment that is in back of the engine. So it can't pivot off the engine when the engine is flexing back and forth. You need this pivot becuase it can cause stress to the engine headers causing them to slowly lossen or even crack!!

So msds recomends there headers and y-pipe. I recomend you guys do the whole mod don't half ass [censored] like this. Get the y-pipe if yo hanv't already done a optomization to yours already!!

By the way it is 10-13 hp at the wheels and from 15-17 trq at teh wheels. So instead of having 200 motor u have 220!! fot 700 divided 20 = $35.00 for each horsepower. not bad considering you get roughly 17 more torque!!

I hope i cleared some stuff up!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Speaking with Marty at MSDS yesterday, he has allowed us on this deal and to act as a (the) Canadian dealer for Canadian customers.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Mkingracing:

The sho shop will work with these headers. Sho shop even recomends it on there site!!

OK now msds won't warranty the headers if you use any other y-pipe. Well because the y-pipe like the bat-pipe and sho shop don't use the stock bolt attachment that is in back of the engine. So it can't pivot off the engine when the engine is flexing back and forth. You need this pivot becuase it can cause stress to the engine headers causing them to slowly lossen or even crack!!

OK, but the stock Y wouldn't have this pivot problem, and their warranty says nothing of it.

Anyway, I'm looking for an improvement to my stock, crush-bent, POS Y-pipe, but I'm trying to stay "in class" for SCCA Solo II STS. (Can't use the headers.)

So, if anyone wants to sell an unwanted MSDS Y, or already optimized stock Y, I'm very interested.

I know what you're paying for the MSDS Y, though, so don't expect $100 for it. For that, I can optimize my own. Don't be ridiculous, people.

And I've no interest in that SHO-shop POS. Sorry. Not only does it perform worse than an optimized Y, but it's illegal for my class.

PM me.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Hey guys, I'll try and clear up some questions you all have. First off, I wouldn't stand behind this group buy if the headers + y-pipe weren't an absolute must have on these cars. I'm not making any money off this and I'm obviously not connected to MSDS in any way.

With that said, I received a couple of emails from Marty on the warranty issue. I'll let you have a look at what he's said.

"Mark, since I cannot stand behind the engineering/ integrity of " Fill in y-pipe style here", the wear and tear on msds headers--running w/o an msds engineered OE style Bracket (goes to bottom oil pan) can not be extended --Trust me, when a company says it HAS a bracket...it is usually nothing more than a thin 11 gauge hanging- muffler strap ! On the true duals, I already know from first hand experience that the loads on the front header will cause premature failure, as the front header becomes the support member for the remaining system. Don't get me wrong...a good system can be fabb'd and run for ten years on msds headers...I just opt NOT to marry a customer with failures and woes that we can not control. "

He goes on to say this in a 2nd email.

"Mark, BTW silly me...all OE Ford y-pipes that are optimized-but retain the OE support bracket will retain ALL msdsinc warrantees ."

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by durateX:
duratex...just let me know when you want to go in....i was thinking maybe the 15th,or 16th of next month....let me know

That is perfect for my budget, however it does draw a little close to SZ. Can you make it from the 5-10th, or is having them on for the event not an important issue for you?

Hey guys, Spring Zing isn't until May 19th.. You should have pleanty of time to install the headers as Marty is really good about getting his products out the door and to his customers.

Mark

Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by svt4stv:
im definitely interested in getting this.
is this less than what the last GB paid?

when ordering with a "buddy" do the sets have to be sent to the same address? or is this basically ordering two at a time and the sets can be shipped two different places?

svt4stv - Goalcoach said he was interested just one post above you, so if you're looking for a partner then shoot him a PM or email.. As for shipping.. Everything is seperate.. When the first person calls to order, let them know who your buddy is.. You should get your 11% off as long as the other person calls to order also(and will get 11% off also).

Mark

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard