Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
I contacted Driveshaft Shop(DSS) via email to find out if they would be willing to manufacture a set of axles for the 2.0L zetec Contour. The reason I did this is because I have to replace my stock axles(thier clicking), but I wanted something beter than a stock replacement.

I was told that they may be willing to make a set of level 1 axles, but I'm trying to get level 2 or 3 axles made also. I figured some of you with custom turbos and superchargers would be interested in those. They are offering a 10% discount for 15 or more sets ordered for group buys. I can try to work out a better discount depending on the amount of people that want to get in on this.

I am not in this for a profit, I just want some performance axles, incase anyone wanted to know. You would be paying DSS directly, not me

Everyday there is a new group buy so if the timming is wrong for some of you, I'm sorry Production might not start for a while, so you may have time to save up.

If there is anyone interested please let me know and I'll start a list. All I need is fifteen minimum to get started. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will be willing to pass them on, since I am no expert.

1. WildChild

B
Learned patience the hard way
B
Uh, correct me if I'm wrong here, but the axles are the same for the V6 and 4 cylinder cars. The only difference between the transmissions is that the bellhousing is made for 4 cylinder or V6 specific and since that is a machined part of the trans assembly that makes them non-interchangeable. So in retrospect you don't need them to make custom axles, they're all ready available.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Uh, correct me if I'm wrong here, but the axles are the same for the V6 and 4 cylinder cars. The only difference between the transmissions is that the bellhousing is made for 4 cylinder or V6 specific and since that is a machined part of the trans assembly that makes them non-interchangeable. So in retrospect you don't need them to make custom axles, they're all ready available.

Rick

Where?

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by LoCoZsc:
Where?

W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W

Rick

I'm no expert on the subject, but logically speaking I didn't think that you could put V6 axles on an I4. If they need a machined part to fit, than in retrospect(big word) they are not already made.

DSS told me that they are still checking to see if they can build them and to give them a few days, so for now this is just a interest check. I hope they can come through. What I want to try is to get the list together so that if they do come back and say they can do it we will be ready to go.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Oh.......I have an ATX.....does that matter?

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
B
B
Holy cow, ok guys. DSS all ready makes axles to fit the MTX-75 in the contour/cougar platform. The axles are the same no matter if it's 4 cylinder or 6. The only difference in the trans is that the bellhousing is made to fit the specific engine and that's why you can't interchange the trans itself between a 4 and 6 cylinder.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Holy cow, ok guys. DSS all ready makes axles to fit the MTX-75 in the contour/cougar platform. The axles are the same no matter if it's 4 cylinder or 6. The only difference in the trans is that the bellhousing is made to fit the specific engine and that's why you can't interchange the trans itself between a 4 and 6 cylinder.

Rick

I'm f*cked!!!!

W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W

Rick

So basicallly, these axles will fit the zetec MTX also, although they are listed for 2.5L(engine size) models. I'm sure DSS doesn't know about this, or they would of had the right info on there web site. I'll let them know .

LoCoZsc, I'm not sure about the ATX, but I will send them an email for you and see what i can find out.

Rob

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
That would be good info for us ATX guys. I wonder if all of the axels are the same. Has anyone compared MTX and ATX axels?

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard