Print Thread
Page 9 of 48 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 47 48
J
Jason43 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Ok. I just got the phone with these guys. One thing that they neglected to tell me through all of this was that even though they at one time produced the SVT guages, they don't have a template to use for producing these.

We have two options. The first is send them a set of SVT guage faces to use. The second is to let them track down a set and divide the cost of that set among the buyers. I'm not keen on the second idea since we don't know how long it will take them to find a set and what it will cost. In the mean time, I'm going to try and find a set to send them. If anyone has a set laying around, please let me know. I apologize to everyone, I didn't know this was going to be an issue.

On a side note, it looks as if they may be able to start a buy in for the HVAC's. They had to check to make sure and are going to get back with me.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
waiting for the latest news....can;t wait for some indiglos. Hopefully we have enough for both the gauges and HVAC!

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
If they are just using the SVT gauge as a template, i'm sure we can find someone to temporarily donate one. I mean... i'm sure some people have these sitting around or in the classifieds... OR wa2tuff Do you still have your stock svt gauges sitting collecting dust?
Another thing perhaps we should create two seperate lists for the gauges and the HVAC, i think it would keep things a little cleaner...

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
question, are they gonna be making a specific number of gauges or are they gonna be making a bulk?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by scottd60:
I'm in only if HVAC's are also available...try and make it a package deal. If they are willing to make them get them to make a complete set of Gauges and HVAC...this way they will match. If you want to take it one step further also add the Light switch plate as well in the complete kit. If you get the gauges you will ultimately end up wanting the HVAC and also want to convert all your interior lighting to blue LED's. Green and blue just don't look good together.

I would think a complete kit (Gauges, HAVC & Light Switch plate) all in Indiglo will sell easily. Getting 10 people for this complete kit should be a piece of cake! As I said before once you do the gauges you more then likely will want the rest. I just doesn't look right with out the rest.

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

I would think a complete kit (Gauges, HAVC & Light Switch plate) all in Indiglo will sell easily. Getting 10 people for this complete kit should be a piece of cake! As I said before once you do the gauges you more then likely will want the rest. I just doesn't look right with out the rest.

I agree 100% but it will be pretty hard to get people to agree on this becuase some only want gauges or just the HVAC because they already have the other things. That is why i suggested doing these all as seperate GB's. The package deal just won't work IMO. But if it did that would be fantastic.

J
Jason43 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
question, are they gonna be making a specific number of gauges or are they gonna be making a bulk?

I asked about how many people could join in. They said that when they make a batch, they make 50. So up to 50 people can get in on this.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RawBurt:

I agree 100% but it will be pretty hard to get people to agree on this becuase some only want gauges or just the HVAC because they already have the other things. That is why i suggested doing these all as seperate GB's. The package deal just won't work IMO. But if it did that would be fantastic.

There are currently 9 wanting both Gauges and HVAC
I say get a price for the complete 3-piece kit and see how many would be in then. I bet you would get at least 20 if it's under $100.

I already have the 6-color Indiglo Gauges and lost money for gauges/hvac in the failed GB last year. I will probably get both since there is a chance they would not match the color of my current set. I'll just sell my old set...only paid something like $25 off ebay anyway fro Elglow. But I'm also in the hole for ~$80 on the last GB

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
J
Jason43 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Gauges:

1) Rawburt (Standard Indiglows)
2) Goonz SVT (Standard Indiglows)
3) BURNTU2 (Standard Indiglows)
4) the_spy_guy (Reverse Glow-OEM style)
5) hetfield (I don't care I just want some friggin gauges)
6) NY2000SVT
7) Jason43 (any)
8) really BIG fuzzy (standard indiglows)
9) wa2tuff (Standard Indiglows)
10) mygameisplatnum (Standard Indiglows)
11) Threat (Standard Indiglows)
12) Swazo (Standard Indiglows)
13) scottd60 (Standard Indiglows)
14) AkSvt00 (Standard Indiglows)

HVAC's:

1) Rawburt
2) Goonz SVT
3) BURNTU2
4) hetfield(???)
5) NY2000SVT(???)
6) really BIG fuzzy
7) 99contourdriver
8) wa2tuff
9) mygameisplatnum
10) Threat
11) sesportv
12) Swazo
13) scottd60
14) AkSvt00

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Does the dimmer work with indiglows... ie not just on/off?

I might be in.... possibly hvac too (have to look at my stock one again).

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
Page 9 of 48 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 47 48

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard