Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
V
V6LX Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
V
I,ve been working on my car wich I do not mind when I can get the problems solved. I have replaced the 2 O2 sensors,cleaned the EGR valve and piping, decarb the intake manifold etc. For all that, the latest was the rear bank O2 sensor, wich that's when I saw the wiring really bad peeling off and touching each other. Right now I'm doing all the wiring and also some Vacumm hoses, also brand new spark plug wires. I wich after that it will be no more "CEL". Ford did really cheap w/ that wiring.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
There were recalls on the harness I believe. When I got my 95 SE the guy asked if I wanted the two wire harnesses that he had used. I guess there was one he did himself but another was by ford. No idea the cost but I would check to see about the recall on your car.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
V
V6LX Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
V
Thanks. I will check on that.

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
http://www.contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=probs&displayid=24
I have an appointment with Ford this week so they can check on my complaint, which is just started to happen.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I just got all my wiring harnesses replaced a few months ago. Its effective for 10 years/100,000 miles. Luckily, mine still fell under that.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
How long did they take to do the job?

V
V6LX Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
I just got all my wiring harnesses replaced a few months ago. Its effective for 10 years/100,000 miles. Luckily, mine still fell under that.

Well, I guess they will try not to service my car,because it has 111.000 on the odometer. I will try anyway. Thank you for the info.

Last edited by V6LX; 02/15/05 10:11 AM.
B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
Talk nicely to the service manager of your favorite ford dealer. I had 110,000 and they changed mine out once I agreed to pay 10% of the price...a bargain.....Your service manager will have to contact the area ford rep.

Bob

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by eepals:
How long did they take to do the job?

Heh. Eight weeks for mine. It WOULD have taken about a week, if it weren't for all the screwups. Count on them needing to tear the engine down (they might even pull it) to diagnose what needs to be replaced, order and wait for the harnesses, and then actually do the install. You really should print off the complete recall document from the CEG site so you KNOW what's called for. It will make a huge difference in dealing with the service manager.

In my case, they replaced all the harnesses. They also broke my windshield when a mechanic dropped a wiper motor into it, had to refinish the windshield frame in their body shop, had a fire in the service bay that closed it down for a day (three vehicles destroyed), broke a power steering line that had to be ordered and replaced, and then...AND THEN...had the audacity to call me up and tell me that I had a $1400 bill. I had agreed up front to pay for a new radiator, radiator hose, and water pump belt (these were unrelated to the service), but they were trying to convince me that I owed for parts that were covered by the recall, and I ended up firing off complaints to Ford Corporate Customer Care, the dealership management, the BBB, and I even was trying to get local media in on it, and then finally they said "Just come get it, no charge". And even then I brought it back because there was a power steering leak and the A/C wasn't working.

The point is, though, having that recall in hand, I could point to every single item that they were trying to charge for and say "That's covered." It's invaluable knowledge.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
It took mine a weekend. I think the scheduled time is about 12 hours or so iirc.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard