Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#118426 05/08/02 04:18 PM
C
Cohiba Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey guys... I was reading through some of the threads on here about nitrous, and thought maybe some of you would be interested in seeing how I put a Zex kit on my SHO.

It was VERY simple... only 4 hours start to finish. There are pictures of the setup on my website (http://users.superford.org/cohiba/) for your viewing pleasure.

I got it from Harley Nace Motorsports for a pretty good price. At first I was a little worried because of all the horror stories we hear about nitrous use, so I just put the 55HP jets on. Well... I've been through a whole bottle now with the 75HP jets, and everything seems to be great (plugs looks good, no obvious problems....) so I'm thinking about jumping up to a 100HP shot. BTW, I have a LPM specifically programmed for nitrous use... and a 190lph fuel pump... just to be safe.

Anyway... I was thinking that maybe some of the Contour owners would be interested in knowing that this kit should work pretty good on their vehicles also. $500 - 75HP - 4 Hours... kinda hard to find performance upgrades with those kind of numbers... I just wanted to dispell the myths that nitrous is going to blow up your engine. Zex makes a great kit, that is super safe, and with a conservative shot, and proper preparations, I would expect that any Contour could take at least a 75 shot safely... I plan on going as high as 125 on my SHO, as long as the plugs keep telling me that everything is cool... something to think about.

#118427 05/08/02 04:29 PM
L
L
There are a couple guys running xez and nitrous express setups now. Don't think they've had any probs. Thanks for the heads up on another reliable system, good to know. So what does the SHO's ET's.

**Spelling should not count**

2000 SE Zetec ATX
Medium Steel Blue (Now with large custom dent on the rear door)
Cool Blue Lows, Silver Star Highs (great lights)

"If what I said was wrong, it wasn't. I just forgot to add the rest of my post."
#118428 05/08/02 04:53 PM
J
J
From my experience and testing, Nitrous Express works the best, puts out the most reliable horsepower, and does it safely.

Not trampling Zex kits here. Just like NX myself.

1998 SVT, Silver, Mods.
1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Mods.
-- www.cerraracing.com --
#118429 05/09/02 06:41 AM
C
Cohiba Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I'll post my 1/4 mile ET sometime after next Wednesday. I went to Bandimere last week, but it had been raining all day. They let me make one run before they closed the track due to weather... with a wet track, wet tires, and ZERO traction until about 50 mph, I still managed a 15.0@95 Not too bad, for 5900 feet above sea level. I'd expect with good track conditions, dry tires, and a decent launch, I should hit low 14s. With altitude correction that is in the low 13s or high 12s... not too shabby for a 4-seater FWD sedan. smile

Like I said, though... this is just my guess. I'll post the official results next week after I run again.

FWIW, I've heard great things about the NX system from some friends of mine running it on their Fox body Mustangs... competition in the market is a VERY good thing for the consumer. Nitrous kicks ass!

#118430 05/09/02 05:06 PM
D
D
Cool! You going to dyno this saturday? I'm going to call Bear and see if he can fit me in tomorrow. I'm supposed to get my MAF today. laugh I'd like to play with NO2 one of these days, but not on my daily driver. Plus, I still have a lot of research to do.
-Derek

2000 Silver SVT #1602
Check it out in the registry!
Mi Coche
#118431 05/09/02 05:31 PM
C
Cohiba Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yeah, I'll probably be there Saturday morning... why do you want to go tomorrow instead of Saturday?

#118432 05/09/02 06:15 PM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Cohiba:
Hey guys... I was reading through some of the threads on here about nitrous, and thought maybe some of you would be interested in seeing how I put a Zex kit on my SHO.

It was VERY simple... only 4 hours start to finish. There are pictures of the setup on my website (http://users.superford.org/cohiba/) for your viewing pleasure.

I got it from Harley Nace Motorsports for a pretty good price. At first I was a little worried because of all the horror stories we hear about nitrous use, so I just put the 55HP jets on. Well... I've been through a whole bottle now with the 75HP jets, and everything seems to be great (plugs looks good, no obvious problems....) so I'm thinking about jumping up to a 100HP shot. BTW, I have a LPM specifically programmed for nitrous use... and a 190lph fuel pump... just to be safe.

Anyway... I was thinking that maybe some of the Contour owners would be interested in knowing that this kit should work pretty good on their vehicles also. $500 - 75HP - 4 Hours... kinda hard to find performance upgrades with those kind of numbers... I just wanted to dispell the myths that nitrous is going to blow up your engine. Zex makes a great kit, that is super safe, and with a conservative shot, and proper preparations, I would expect that any Contour could take at least a 75 shot safely... I plan on going as high as 125 on my SHO, as long as the plugs keep telling me that everything is cool... something to think about.
Any word yet on the ol' shoforum?

Spring of 2003 - Zing in Michigan, Break in Mexico

AOL IM - cutlerryan
MSN IM - ryancutler@hotmail.com

My Mods, Cars, and Other Crap
#118433 05/10/02 04:18 PM
D
D
I'm graduating tomorrow. laugh laugh laugh I wont be able to make it today, either, but perhaps some other time.

2000 Silver SVT #1602
Check it out in the registry!
Mi Coche
#118434 05/10/02 06:34 PM
C
Cohiba Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Derk2000:
I'm graduating tomorrow. laugh laugh laugh I wont be able to make it today, either, but perhaps some other time.
Duh... I think you told me that like 3 times and I just kept forgetting. Congratulations!

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard