Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
well as u might have read in my other post , i'm gettin my cats changed under warranty at the stealership .

anyways, they call me up and tell me that while removing my alternator to finish the installation of the pre-cats the noticed that the casing is cracked . they said they have a factory rebuilt one in stock for $350 CAD.
no labour cost since they have to remove the old one anyways.

now i already authorized them to do this since i'm runnin a massive sound system, and its better to do it now, then run out of juice one day on the road. i have had some voltage regulator issues... so maybe this is worth it.

opinions... should i have done this? (stupid question now )

98 cabernet red Mystique ATX LS sport Duratec hit up my Car Profile for details
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
yes

I also found out the the case had cracked on my 99, my solution, I went to a slavage yard and found one for $40, and it was in better shape then the one on my car, hell the tail light I also got for my mystique was more expensive then the alternator

but if you didn't want the hassle and they are in there already why not just get it done, seems like a good idea to me

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=v6maint&Number=838883&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1
If you don't mind a DIY job, then check out the link.. much cheaper route..

IF you are opposed to replacing it yourself (3 hours, and collection of tools), or just don't WANT to, then that is a smart idea to have them do it.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
desiboy1530:
well as u might have read in my other post , i'm gettin my cats changed under warranty at the stealership .

anyways, they call me up and tell me that while removing my alternator to finish the installation of the pre-cats the noticed that the casing is cracked . they said they have a factory rebuilt one in stock for $350 CAD.
no labour cost since they have to remove the old one anyways.

now i already authorized them to do this since i'm runnin a massive sound system, and its better to do it now, then run out of juice one day on the road. i have had some voltage regulator issues... so maybe this is worth it.

opinions... should i have done this? (stupid question now )

We did replace it, you did a good choice, loll.

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
might as well, they are allredy in there so why not, its like when you buy tires and dont pay to ballance them, wheels are allready off so might as well do that too

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I saw high output alternators (170amp vs stock 130 amps) for Contour 2.5L on auction at eBay for around $220CAD or so buy-it-now. Just thought your massive sound system might like it.

1997 Contour Sport Duratec MTX 2000 Olds Intrigue GLS Sterling Edition

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard