Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
V
V
ok there is alot of questions about this GB....my name is CUE i have been a member of NECO for over 2 years...i started up this GB with my bussness partner don (he just joined NECO)...now to address your conserns...

- Bridge....you can send in your core when ever you like..if you do not send it in right away you will need to put down a $50.00 (not included in the price of the new unit) deposit that will be refunded to you as soon as we get your core...refunds will be sent by money order or pay-pal. this is a good option if you can not afford the down time for your car. also YES we will ship to Cannada, it will be shiped UPS and will be an aditional $20.00. YES this unit is ALOT more reliable than your stockie alt. (this will help out alot on the dam dimming lights. we are also looking into making an upgraded harness that will give better power transfer and distribution, and will eliminate the grounding problem in the Ford TSB.) we also include with your purchess a 6 month warenty on ALL labor and parts (excludes misuse and/or abuse) i dont think my stockie lasted 6 months HAHAHA . payment can be made with Pay-Pal to Desena51@hotmail.com .... or a money order made out to me (Mark De Sena) and mail to

370 South Plank Road
Newburgh NY 12550

all taxes will be included in the price!!!!

you can PM me with any other questions or feel free to call me directly at 1-845-591-7908 you can call ANYTIME..thanks for the intrest in the GB and if things continue to go well we will be able to offer more products for you here and on NECO.

thank you CEG.

~Cue
Co-owner/sales rep
Volitile Performance

~Don
Co-owner/Lead Tech.
Volitile Performance

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by volitileperformance:

(this will help out alot on the dam dimming lights. we are also looking into making an upgraded harness that will give better power transfer and distribution, and will eliminate the grounding problem in the Ford TSB.)
thank you CEG.

~Cue
Co-owner/sales rep
Volitile Performance

What's with the grounding problem mentioned above? From previous posts it was stated as being a direct plug in. I want in on this but as Mr. Anal, I want to know whats up with everything first. I can see the obvious advantages but I don't want any wiring problems (melted wires, hot (temperature wise) wires/junctions, blown bulbs or fuses) from a HO alternator in a car designed for a 130 amp alternator. For those who know about these things, this may be dumb questions--sorry. BTW, the local dealer wants $220 plus core for a stock one.

Last edited by wa2tuff; 02/17/05 02:33 PM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
V
V
the grounding problem was a TSB for some of the cougars/contours....it was caused by a grounding problem in the wireing from the alt.....we are looking in to makeing an upgraded harness to help with this problem...if you have not experianced dimming and/or flickering interior and exterior lights you dont need to worry .....there is no word on compleation of this yet...like i said we are looking into it...

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ADDRESS FOR PAY-PAL HAS CHANGED TO SALESFORVOLITILEPERFORMANCE@HOTMAIL.COM THE REASON IS FOR FASTER AND MORE CONVEINENT CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS!!!!!

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by volitileperformance:

(this will help out alot on the dam dimming lights. we are also looking into making an upgraded harness that will give better power transfer and distribution, and will eliminate the grounding problem in the Ford TSB.)
thank you CEG.

~Cue
Co-owner/sales rep
Volitile Performance

What's with the grounding problem mentioned above? From previous posts it was stated as being a direct plug in. I want in on this but as Mr. Anal, I want to know whats up with everything first. I can see the obvious advantages but I don't want any wiring problems (melted wires, hot (temperature wise) wires/junctions, blown bulbs or fuses) from a HO alternator in a car designed for a 130 amp alternator. For those who know about these things, this may be dumb questions--sorry. BTW, the local dealer wants $220 plus core for a stock one.

The Tsb realy has nothing to do with this. Not realy sure what one he is referring to anyway.

But basicly Tom the Contours electrical system can not handle the load of extra accessories, i.e. stereos, lights gauges etc.. Part of the reason being the contours wire harness. The ground wires can not handle the extra load put out. You may use a 4ga wire for your stereo and 4 ga ground for the amp, but that load is still put on the alternator that only goes through a minor 12ga wire(don't quote me on this size). Increasing the wire size or its capacity will greatly help the circuit complete its path to ground with its increased load.

The alternater being another weak link, as it now has to power all the extra accessories that you have added, on top its normal functions that it was desgined for. They take your factory alternator that you send them, and upgrade the internals and new rectifer. It bolts up to the same locations and the harness conectors are the same. You don't even have to remove the pulley.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
The stock power and ground wires are 6 guage in my '96.

HTH,
BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Thanks for the info. I'll be sending money via Paypal next Friday when I get my tax refund. I won't be sending a core until I get the new one installed so you might as well get started on one for me. Thanks again, Tom

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Thanks for the info. I'll be sending money via Paypal next Friday when I get my tax refund. I won't be sending a core until I get the new one installed so you might as well get started on one for me. Thanks again, Tom

I intend to get in on this by next week but has anyone actually got one yet? I see a bunch of "I'm in on this" but nobody has actually said they ordered one and got it yet.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L

I intend to get in on this by next week but has anyone actually got one yet? I see a bunch of "I'm in on this" but nobody has actually said they ordered one and got it yet.

I'm paid, and my core will be there by Monday. So I could see it possibly by the end of this coming week, but probaly early the following .

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
V
V
Well guys we are ready to rock and rolls on those units for all that are in plz start sending payments and cores to those that have thank u very much

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
quick question do i have to send in a contour alt, or any type of alt.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard