Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Didn't read the thread carefully:

-$275.00 for a powder coated High output alt. (specify color when ordering, and send us your stock core)

Does it mean I have to send my core first and only then get yours? Won't work for me - my ride is a daily driver.

I
I
It all sounds good, seeing as I had to buy a re-built alternator a couple of years back (about $300 I think).

However, for those of us with lacking knowledge on alternator amps (me for one) and the positives of having a high-output one, can you edumacate us and tell me how the performance of my car will improve?

Income tax returns are coming, so I'm interested in the group buy, but other mods are already on my list pressing for my money.

Quote:

Do you know how fast you were going?
No sir, I don't...
Well, it's 1:30 in the morning and I counted and passed 25 cars before I caught up to you.
Oh...

KKM Air Intake Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel HiRevs Street Clutch Kit 18" Chrome ASA JS5's 215-40s Pirelli PZero-Nero's And the MOD to end 'em all, Graco Car Seat
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
i was wondering this too. i do know that it can be helpful for people with high powered stereo systems...

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Yea thats the reason im gettting the alternator , i have a 4000 watt stero sysetm , and my amp take 120 amps, headlight could be 50 radio 5 etc..... an my amp is only 130 you can see that that dosent work , even though my battery has a rc of 120 , id rather have the alternator doing the work not the battrey.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
so there has to be a downside 2 this, correct? Or everyone would be driving around with Hi-Po alternators. . . .

Right now, with my new OEM alternator, my voltage reads 14V in the morning, and driving around with the AC on and radio, dips down to about 13.0-13.2V. It will, however, dip to 12.6V on occassion when I coast to neutral at stop signs, etc. SO would a high performance alternator prevent the dip in voltage??

Suneil

PS, but is there a shelf life to alternators?? Because I just replaced mine and couldn't justify buying a new one, but seeing as that it's a GB price, I could swing it if I know I can shelf it until I kill the stock one. . . .

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I dont know for sure, but it says that is puts out 200-240 amps at 1600-1800 rpms, all alternators do the same thing, at ilde they produce a certain voltage and when rpms are increased they kick it up a notch and put out what the voltage regulator says to.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by svt4stv:
i was wondering this too. i do know that it can be helpful for people with high powered stereo systems...

I had the same question.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Probaly the only downside, though minor at that is it will most likely rob some power from the motor. There is no telling how much realy(probaly not noticeable), but its a small trade off for upgrading your electrical system. We all know the stock Contour stuff is no good when strain is put on it, i.e. stereos,extra lights,gauges,neons,boost controllers,safc etc....

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Sorry I haven't really responded to you guys. I haven't been on lately. I'm not with the group buy myself. I just posted it over here for you guys that are interested. If you have any questions register with NECO and ask all your questions to the guy that is doing the grouup buy. In the first post put a link there so you can go to the group buy.

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by svt4stv:

I had the same question. [/quote

hmmm...thanks for the link but it doesnt tell me if i should personally upgrade myself. other than a pair of decent Fosgate amps i wont be using any other electrical devices in my tour.
i mean, yeah, its obviously good to upgrade the alternator, especially at this price, but i have to see if its what i need right now since ive just spent almost $2k on my suspension

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard