Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 38 1 2 35 36 37 38
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Maxwell from ATI was supposed to have a status update yesterday morning. He didn't say... but I hope it's good news.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by fastcougar:

What will this do for your Cougar/Contour?: It will all but completely eliminate rear body roll, keeping the rear end planted in corners, thus reducing understeer nearly completely.

Just like this?

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
I love that picture!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I think he meant:

Originally posted by fastcougar:

What will this do for your Cougar/Contour?: It will all but completely eliminate rear body roll, keeping the front end planted in corners, thus reducing understeer nearly completely.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
im not too informed on suspension issues and what not but i had subframe connectors installed on my car and i dont think tripoding is even possible anymore. when i jack my car up at the front jack point, the entire side lifts up together.

Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Tripoding is even more likely now.The body won't flex and let the wheel stay down. Now tripoding will never occur on a well designed racecar, but soem cars do quite well with too much rear roll stiffness: Sentra Spec Vs come to mind. They have a solid rear axle.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
so should i not upgrade my sway bar now?? i havent been able to find too much info on the subframe connectors in here cuz hardly anybody has them.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
No, the upgrade is fine. You can't hurt anything.

M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
Ok folks here is the update from ATI, sorry for the delay but sometimes the best intentions can't get decisions made or product out the door.

The short answer is this, it is just not feasible for ATI to produce a 15/16 or 24mm, heat treated, powder coated anti sway bar and keep it both profitable and affordable.

The company I was in discussions with to manufacture the bar was ADDCO so if you are interested the Group Buy with Auto-X Fil it should be the same quality we could deliver. They quoted me to bend the bar at approximately $54/bar. But that was a raw bent bar, not heat treated or powder coated. This was not the big cost factor though it was always the material and shipping around the country. ADDCO was not interested in coating the bar or heat treating it, so that meant we needed to source those processes somewhere else and that added shipping costs to the total, and they add up quick. ATI was also on the line to purchase a large amount of material, far above the amount neede to make a run of 150 to 200 bars.

ADDCO said that their processes do not require a heat treat to keep bar strenght, but the engineers here were adamant that this step was nessesary for long product life.

Powder coating is a very affordable process, but shipping to and from the supplier just added to the bottom line. If you get the bar from ADDCO it should come coated. But again since they would not heat treat the bars I had to source this process closer to home.

Since the bar specifications did not include 1" material I never quoted that as an option. 15/16" material was not significantly cheeper than the 24mm material.

Rick and I are disappointed that we could not fulfill this need, we were really hoping to come through for you folks again like we did on the Subframes.

Maxwell Church Nemo Malus Felix ATI Performance Engineering 47199 Cartier Drive Wixom MI 48393 248*848*9200 ext 131 248*894*2219 direct
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
thanks for the effort Mr. Church

Page 37 of 38 1 2 35 36 37 38

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard