Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 38 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 38
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I will put my order in right now if you can get those bars done

'00 CSVT Koni/B&G (New), SCA intake, 18 inch Falken Circuit Spec (gunmetal), CF hood, Headlights by Dan, Mirko, deleted front license plate/painted chrome ring. Headers/y pipe installed - TruBendz Borla system no Res and optimized TB. Getting there!
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Check the ATI subframe GB thread, people: looks like ATI didn't realize we had the tubing supply issues worked out already. It seems they just figured out to use 15/16" tubing, and don't have prices yet. At least this is progress!

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by EternalOne:
I have all of the materials sourced already, and everything else will be done in-house. Pat (the engineer who I'm working with on this) has recommended a heat-treating, as well, and that can also be done in-house, along with all of the bending, closing and welding the ends (to prevent internal rot), and powdercoating. The only thing I have lef to find is bushings, but that shouldn't be much of a problem. Right now I'm only making 2 bars, one for my car, and one for someone else (Rick has expressed interest in testing all of my new products, so it most likely will go to him to test along with the motor/tranny mounts, etc.)

I'll keep everyone updated, in case ATI cannot come thru. The shop has said it'd take no more than a week in production to complete 100 bars.

E1

YOu should start your own gb thread on this.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
I'm not doing a GB for it. As I said, if ATI can pull it off, I will not produce the parts in bulk -- I will only do my own personal one. If ATI falls thru, then there is a backup plan. I do not step on anyones toes, as I said before, which is why I didn't plan this part 3 months ago.

I also do not do group-buys, I offer good deals from the start, for anyone who wants a part. This is how every batch of parts I've produced have been for the past 6 years. We'll produce a batch and hold onto them in the warehouse until they all sell.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
We'll produce a batch and hold onto them in the warehouse until they all sell.

E1

Now THAT my friends is how business is supposed to be done. None of this we'll use your money to R and D and then we'll maybe make you something. Good work!

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
#1178694 06/22/05 12:50 AM
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
I also do not do group-buys, I offer good deals from the start, for anyone who wants a part. This is how every batch of parts I've produced have been for the past 6 years. We'll produce a batch and hold onto them in the warehouse until they all sell.

E1

"If you build it they will come".

The Original Owner of 1998 SVT Contour #3384 of 6535, Toreador Red/Midnight Blue, Assembled September 3rd, 1997 Also the Original Owner of a 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed, Vibrant White/Greystone Sport Cloth, Assembled August 6th, 1998
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I don't care who makes it, I want one. Put me on the interested list. If it doesn't happen damn soon, I'm springing for the 21mm BAT or the Addco 7/8". I'm not going to get any faster if I race on my stocker all summer waiting.

That was a little pissy-sounding. No offence was meant, I'm just stating the facts.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
D
D
We're still interested and still working on the job. Max has been kept really busy lately on a wide variety of projects and only has so many clock cycles to spare. That's why I'm stepping in here - I'm giving Max a hand.

We did some homework to see *exactly* what material and *exactly* what heat-treat and *exactly* what diameter to use. The difference between the two ODs on metric or inch tubing is not something that can be just handwaved away, as the stiffness of the bar is a function of a power of the OD - so stiffness is *very* sensitive to OD. We had to determine just how much difference there was between the metric and standard steels in terms of bar stiffness to make sure that using standard steel didn't compromise the product.

We are focussing on quality here. We don't want to go through all this trouble and make a substandard bar. We're also effectively doing R&D here on the potential for making bars for other makes and models of vehicle - if this goes well, we may well expand the product line to other vehicles, or offer multiple ODs in your fitment to allow more fine tuning of the car.

Max intends on getting the revised quote (for the inch steel) from the supplier this week, but he has other jobs competing for his attention. I *do* know that he really wants to pull this job off; you guys have been good to work with.

What would really help us is a count of the number of people who are *serious* about getting this bar. I understand that it's tough to commit when we don't have the price finalized, so I'm not looking for a binding commitment at this point. But there is a big difference between 10 serious people, 100 serious people, and 1000 serious people.

In particular, if the only way we can offer a reasonable price is to make quantities of 200 bars (the case with the metric steel; we expect the situation to be much improved with the standard steel) then the size of the market will determine if we do the job or not. If there's 200 firm buyers, we'd do it for sure. At 10, almost certainly not.

Have you got an idea of how many people we're talking about at this stage?

DG

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
50 firm buyers, looking at the latest lists. I'd imagine if it's $150 or less shipped all 75+ are in. If you want to keep people interested, give realistic timeframes and keep us updated! Thanks for all the time you guys are putting into this, I'd love to be able to get one.

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Ninety Five:
Thanks for all the time you guys are putting into this, I'd love to be able to get one.

Page 35 of 38 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 38

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard