Print Thread
Page 34 of 38 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Digital Slacker:
Well guys, I'm out...

I can't wait any longer, plus i just purchased a new in box first generation aussie bar for about half of this. You still should have the min number to do it!

Honestly, if this doesn't happen within a month or so, I'm gonna have to drop out too, and just get the 21mm BAT bar. It has nothing to do with the bar itself, the Aussie bar is great, its just the waiting process to get it built, and shipped, and I cant keep savin up money and worryin if Ill have it when the time comes.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
I have a BAT bar on the way to me right now. When it gets here we'll be bending a larger diameter piping to build my own bigger bar. (The benefits of having access to an engineer, CNC, fab shop, and powdercoating all under one roof.)

So I'm out.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
R
Res Offline
R
Originally posted by EternalOne:
I have a BAT bar on the way to me right now. When it gets here we'll be bending a larger diameter piping to build my own bigger bar. (The benefits of having access to an engineer, CNC, fab shop, and powdercoating all under one roof.)

So I'm out.

E1

lol, how about a group buy

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Res:
Originally posted by EternalOne:

So I'm out.

E1

lol, how about a group buy

No [censored]! ... where have you been during all these updates about the delays?

E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Quote:

where have you been during all these updates about the delays?

I've been off producing solid motor mounts, tranny mounts, and roll resistors in time for CF05. Not to mention all of the little one-off pieces we've done for my car.

Since we're almost done with everything else, I'm going to go ahead and do my own swaybar as well. My plan was not to duplicate any effort. I've worked closely with StangKiller to make sure him and I don't create the same parts, and I didn't do a swaybar because this was going on. Now that I see this is taking FAR too long, I'm doing my own thing.

If I get my swaybar completed in time, and nothing has happened here, then I might be able to talk them into a mass-production run. I'll discuss it with them tonite.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
yea please do that would help us all out greatly....

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by SvtEdwardo420:
yea please do that would help us all out greatly....

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Is this bar even getting anywhere? I haven't heard any updates about the new stock, the old stock, or if any company is even still interested? Are there any updates out there?

Alex 00 T-Red/Tan SVTC #1964/2150 167 HP @6800 153 TQ @3000 Sold- 98 'Tour SE 24V 5-spd 149 HP @5900 148 LB FT @4300
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
If anyone has a 21mm BAT bar and would like to unload it to get in on this, let me know.

Also, what is the status of the GB? I have auto-cross events here, people!

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
I have all of the materials sourced already, and everything else will be done in-house. Pat (the engineer who I'm working with on this) has recommended a heat-treating, as well, and that can also be done in-house, along with all of the bending, closing and welding the ends (to prevent internal rot), and powdercoating. The only thing I have lef to find is bushings, but that shouldn't be much of a problem. Right now I'm only making 2 bars, one for my car, and one for someone else (Rick has expressed interest in testing all of my new products, so it most likely will go to him to test along with the motor/tranny mounts, etc.)

I'll keep everyone updated, in case ATI cannot come thru. The shop has said it'd take no more than a week in production to complete 100 bars.

E1

Page 34 of 38 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard