Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
OK, didn't get what me meant first.

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
it does? i didnt know that. i thought the Aussie bar popped right in, that we just needed the strengthened mounting points, hence the ATI subframe. can someone shed some light on this?

also, can someone shed some light on the difference between the stazi and the bat bar, besides the stazi being lighter. for street applications, is it much more noticeable performance? is it not for a novice driver?

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by fastcougar:
These things take time people ... be patient ... a hollow 24mm sway bar will be coming.

Hell yea! Thats what I like to hear.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by svt4stv:
it does? i didnt know that. i thought the Aussie bar popped right in, that we just needed the strengthened mounting points, hence the ATI subframe. can someone shed some light on this?

The Aussie bar should come with a strap when it gets built, so that is not a worry just yet. Whoever gets the call might offer choice of straps for stock or ATI sub frames (if it will fit in on a stock mounting).

What have the guys with Aussie bars had to do to fit these on a stock sub-frame? Anybody?

Guys like me with a BAT bar will need to find or fab a strap. The ATI subframe comes with some very nice grade 8.8 bolts that were supposed to fit with the universal straps from Energy for stock bars up to 21mm. The Energy won't fit around a 21mmm BAT bar I'm told. I think MAX may be working on the BAT bar strap problem now.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
The Aussie bar should come with a strap when it gets built, so that is not a worry just yet. Whoever gets the call might offer choice of straps for stock or ATI sub frames (if it will fit in on a stock mounting).

What have the guys with Aussie bars had to do to fit these on a stock sub-frame? Anybody?

Guys like me with a BAT bar will need to find or fab a strap. The ATI subframe comes with some very nice grade 8.8 bolts that were supposed to fit with the universal straps from Energy for stock bars up to 21mm. The Energy won't fit around a 21mmm BAT bar I'm told. I think MAX may be working on the BAT bar strap problem now.

Do you mean brackets ... the ones that bolt to the subframe over the bushings? I have never heard of a sway bar "strap".

Last edited by fastcougar; 03/11/05 11:10 PM.
#1178544 03/12/05 12:19 AM
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
It is my understanding that model #9.5160 on this page http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html works with an "Aussie" bar, but it would sure be nice if Stazi weighed-in on this though.

Maybe I don't get it, but why do we need a 21mm BAT rear sway bar knock-off? Any of us can buy a BAT bar right now for $124.50, with bushings, from Eric at BAT.

The Original Owner of 1998 SVT Contour #3384 of 6535, Toreador Red/Midnight Blue, Assembled September 3rd, 1997 Also the Original Owner of a 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed, Vibrant White/Greystone Sport Cloth, Assembled August 6th, 1998
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
stazi sent those to me...

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
So the sway bar we are getting won't fit on our stock brackets? Will the brackets we need to mount the new sway bar come with the bar or do we need to buy them seperate?

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by 99svtContourMan:
So the sway bar we are getting won't fit on our stock brackets? Will the brackets we need to mount the new sway bar come with the bar or do we need to buy them seperate?

...............exactaly what i was wondering????

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Nothing is changing from the original post people: 24mm Hollow Sway "Aussie" Bar, Polyurethane Bushings (most likely 15/16") w/ Brackets. This will fit in the stock location. The only advice is to have the brackets boxed in ... NOTHING has changed except for who will actually be manufacturing the bar. With Max in charge of this, I can assure you that the quality will be top notch!!!

Page 20 of 38 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 37 38

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard