Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
since ive had to do it 4 times i've gotten fast too. I do it the same way you do usually, but i found a faster way...

do it when the engine is just hangin there because you are puttin a new tranny in.

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Ray, thank you for ANOTHER excellent How-to with pictures, you do an awesome job man. I'm really looking forward to your LIM cleaning How-to so I can get the UIM and LIM done on one of these lazy summer days. Thanks again brutha, and awesome job.

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
R
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I am in collaboration with another CEG member for that, probably this wednesday or so... look for a how to around this weekend...

possibly a little later, though.. obviously.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Hope he doesn't make it sound as difficult this time.

For the LIM follow the UIM clean proceedure. Get a Fuel line tool, disconnect the 2 lines. Unclip the IMRC, unclip all the injectors, undo all the bolts connecting it to the heads, remove and clean. Don't forget new LIM gaskets. Tq in a criss cross pattern all the bolts to 7 ft. lbs.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
R
He... who, Todd?

If you are referring to the details in the how-to's I write, I have been ASKED to write them in that manner, because not everyone knows the terms, acronyms, nor associated intricacies of the engine to simply read "loosen, remove, install", and be able to do it. They could be a haynes manual for THAT much help.. FWIW: it seems to be working, because I have received I don't know how many compliments on the style of writing I chose.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I'm just messin'. It's not that stuff it's the tools that you used & the way you do it that makes it sound more difficult is all.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Ray:
FWIW: it seems to be working, because I have received I don't know how many compliments on the style of writing I chose.

Ray

I appreciate them, I am saving them all on my computer and hopefully with have a detailed how-to for most things... then i can do them myself!

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Excellent how to so far......let's see if I can successfully apply it.

Some pictures are missing and I'd like to see them before I dig in this weekend!! Any help here?

Ray if you can hook me up with the pitures via e-mail or update the how-to I would greatly appreciate it!!

Holla.

slinger

98 T-Red CSVT
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
ive done my alt a few times now myself, an hr is definetaly doable for me....im a mechanic though i do jobs like that all day long

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J

Well I just finished my ALT. Having big hands will not help you!

I sprayed the hell out of bolts with liquide wrench, and let them sit overnight. They were easy to turn, no problems at all.

This was not an easy job at all, but because of your writeup Ray I went ahead and did it. Followed your writeup with some slight modifications.

One independent mechanic turned the job down, said to take it to Ford. No way Ford!

Thanks again Ray.

Oh.. by the way... when you flick that little wire across the plug off, be carefull! Had to go looking for mine! it landed on top of the V pipe!.

------------------------------------------------- 1996SE sports package, Duratec MTX No mods yet. 80K Kilometers. ------------------------------------------------- Wife has 1996GL Zetec ATX.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard