Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
definitely be careful with the vacuum hoses. i put my alternator on my old zetec (pain in the ass) and didnt realize i knocked one off. took me a while to find out that thats what it was. the hardest part for some reason was getting the belt tensioner to loosen.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by GetLucky151:
I dread the day I have to change my alternator in my Duratec.

I helped a friend do his, i can change out the complete suspension, coil / springs FASTER then doing alt swap .

Check me out for awsome powder coating deals www.powdercoatingworld.com People shouldn't slam each other when posting, If you cant say something good to say then just hit the back arrow.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
wish me luck, its my turn to have a go at this

98 contour svt #6473 of 6535
R
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
R
PM me, or email me (ceg.ray AT Gmail.com) if you need help.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Dakmis:

ditto will be removing it to have it tested in about 5 hours
then i will be rerunning the wires between it and the batt.

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by gearhead98:
Originally posted by Dakmis:

ditto will be removing it to have it tested in about 5 hours
then i will be rerunning the wires between it and the batt.

DONE!

after i got off my butt it only took about 3 hours to do everything.

longest part was running my dead alt to napa to trade them for the new one.

98 contour svt #6473 of 6535
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Ive pulled that thing so many times that each time i do it, i find something new and easier.

the car has been torn down plenty of times to work on the timing system, and its one of the thinsg that has to be removed. But the alternator finaly took a crap on me so we got a brand new shiny one now to!!

this is a all to familiar site

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
It looks like a few pictures are mis-linked. Any chance of getting those corrected?

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
R
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
R
read "ray's how-to's" post. correction is underway (I am in contact with imageshack..)

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Did my first alt. replacement for a CEGer this weekend. My tip: Get about 4' of extensions yes 48". Remove the driver side splash shield. Run it all the way through to the top alt. bolt. (Won't work on a car w/ headers). On a car with headers for the top bolt I removed the coil pack/plug wires & 2 harness nuts. Moved the harness out of the way. I then used a 13mm socket, 3" extension, u-joint and 18" in extensions to angle it up to the engine area to get a 1/2" rachet on it. For the center bracket I able to get my hands in there and use a 10mm gear wrench. You can also use extensions. Just need to remove the one attached to the bracket. You can remove the entire L bracket when the alt. is out. On the bottom I was able to use 12" of extensions and a 1/2" drive to get that one out. For the 2nd/middle clip on the alt. I used a pick similar to the one pictured here on the far right. The 10mm bolt/megafuse connection I used a 10mm gear wrench and for the top clipped connection I just used a long flat head and popped it off. I can probably do a swap in about an hour now. Stop making it sound so hard.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard