M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by willjr:
Originally posted by LancasterSVT:
Originally posted by LancasterSVT:
I have a feeling more people will be willing to buy them for say 110 from you (you making 10$ or whatever so you can recoup the 80$ from us not putting money up front). I will tell you flat out, nobody will send money to a new person with no rep and no product. Sorry!

first off, im not new
second, i have parted out 3 full cars on here
and third, i am not going to pay way more for these just to sell them to everyone else dirt cheap and lose money. im not trying to make anything off of anyone, just trying to share this with people. if you all dont want these then that is fine. i gave you a link to check out the quality of these but apparantly you havent looked at it yet. i will be more than happy to be the first one to have actual contour clears rather than making eclipse or cavaliers fit in my car. all i have gotten is negative feedback since i posted this. group buys mean that we all have to chip in to get the product. most group buys dont have a product produced yet until the money has been sent. i dont understand why this would be any different. ill post pics when i get mine and then give her email to you all and you can contact her if you want them made for you but i guarantee they will not be cheap if she has to make one pair at a time. i will be sending the money this week for mine so if anyone is interested just email me.

I'm sorry, I guess 4 posts isn't new. Anyways, I am not here to crap on your groupbuy, I am just telling you right now why you won't have interest. Too many people have been screwed over in the past. But don't worry, I won't post here again... Goodluck with the lights!

i may be new to the forums but i have been on this site since 2001 i just didnt sign up for an account until 2003. sorry. i have gotten 9 emails on this but i suppose i dont have any interest in this. i just thought i would post this under gb but i have had it listed under the classifieds. i thought gb would be a better place for it.

i'm interested.. if i see pics

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
actually if you did what lancastertour said you might initially pay $180 but if people like what they see, and they prob would, you would make that back by charging people $110.00, so if say eight people bought them, thats $80, the $80 you had to front to begin with, so you wouldnt be losing anything,and if you dont want to make anything then after 8 lower the price back to $100 for the lucky 9 and up....its the way buisness works!!!!but anyways, im very interested esp if she could make the inside smoked

Last edited by tour96se; 02/03/05 02:59 AM.

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
W
willjr Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally posted by tour96se:
actually if you did what lancastertour said you might initially pay $180 but if people like what they see, and they prob would, you would make that back by charging people $110.00, so if say eight people bought them, thats $80, the $80 you had to front to begin with, so you wouldnt be losing anything,and if you dont want to make anything then after 8 lower the price back to $100 for the lucky 9 and up....its the way buisness works!!!!but anyways, im very interested esp if she could make the inside smoked

thats good and all but if i cant get 8 people to do it then im out money. all im looking for is 4 people to go in with me on it and we all get them for 100 a set. i put up a link that shows her work so just check it out. ill want 180 a pair to make sure im not losing if i have to have them made just for me. she said it goes like this
1 set-180 shipped a set
2 sets-160 shipped a set
3 sets-140 shipped a set
4 sets-120 shipped a set
5 sets-100 shipped a set

the only pics are on the link of some she has made for other cars. if all youre looking for is to see the quality, the link provides the proof.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
smoked tail lights would be cool.. but i cant wait to see pics of just plain clear tail lights

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
well, like I said in the mail, i'm interested. I say I'd like to be in with you to be in the first 5 people.

just like that, you should not complain about this, because this is a pretty big opportunity, I've seen so many CEG'ers wanting clear tails since so long and now that the chance is here, you don't even take a chance.

and that guy isn't a newbie, I saw him doing selling things in the classifieds, in fact, it's where I first saw the idea of the project for 95-97 clear taillights.

I wasn't sure about thing at first when willjr was working this out using e-mail, but now it appears to be more serious.

now, I'll post the questions I didn't got answer to in the mails:

how will they look like?
will it be for the 2 parts of the taillights or only for 1 part(I'm not talking about both sides here, I'm talking about the brake/flashing light and the reverse light)?
when is the product going to be shipped?

DemonOfSteel 98 ZX2 Sport 98 Contour SE
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
i will be more than happy to be the first one to have actual contour clears rather than making eclipse or cavaliers fit in my car.

Sorry.

If you buy some Mystique tails, you could make them clear for about $20 (price of silicone, primer, paint and clearcoat)...and Mystique tails can be had for as low as $30 per set.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
Hi guys,
This is Klearz the person making the lenses.

This post is a bit negative but let me tell you a bit about myself and my company.

We are car (and truck) ppl just like you guys. We have an eclipse and a little s-10 that we are fully customizing.

we have been doing casting for years in our other business.
recently while customizing our truck we stumbled onto this.
we wanted clear corners for our headlights. while most ppl just took the amber peice out of the lens, i thought it gave a really ghetto unfinished look.

so we tried to cast the amber peice into a clear one.

we posted results on our regular forum and everyone really liked them. and actually we got bombarded with requests to make all kinds of lens there were never produced in clear.

so from then on we started an 'official' business and we are helping out of fellow car/truck lovers.
we are not here to get rich, but to help frustrated ppl who wnat clear lenses but simply cant find any. and im not gonna lie, are making a few bucks at the same time.

have a look at our website and some example of our work
klearz.com

sonoma clear corner

K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K

SO, on to business.

the main problem with getting a product started is that no one wants to give money upfront for a non existing product, and no manufacturer wants to put money upfront for fear of not selling any lens and loosing money.

so in my case, it falls back on you guys.

the price that were given before are slightly wrong. shipping is not included, only included for the person who submits their stock lens.

and the price of 100$ was for the outer lens only.
i imagine you guys will want the inners and outters to match.

so here are the prices for the 4 peice clear tails.

225$ for 1 person
with 2 ppl 200$ each
with 3 ppl 170 each
with 4 ppl 150 each
with 5+ ppl 140 each

to get the 140$ group buy i need 5 ppl to give me a 40$ down payment. with the downpayment you get the garanty that we will produce an exact replica of the stock lens but clear. if there is deflectors in the stock, so will the duplicate (unless specified).

once we have a product made, we post pictures.
then get the 5 ppl to pay the rest of the money and we ship the lenses. from there others can order.

i have a very similar deal going on with a maxima forum.
i welcome you to read the thread.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=371739&page=1&pp=30

their product will be ready in a week or 2.
perhaps you want to wait to see results before getting into it on this board.

i will answer any questions you have.

PS. for an extra 10$ we can do these lens in any color, including black for a smoked effect.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
alright you said the magic word, smoked, i'm in were/who do i send the 40.00, and i can also send the tailights in, as i have an extra set i'm not using,

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Clearz.com,

Just out of curiosity, how do you deal with lighting for the brake lamps once you have cleared them? Does your company retrofit LEDs?....if not, what do you guys use?

Also what are the lenses made of? Lexan? Optical grade epoxy or something? ....Everything UV protected to prevent yellowing?

And one more thing I was confused on is....once you have made a mold of the lense, do you simply send out the lenses to the customers, or do you accept their whole brake lamps and put the clear lenses onto the housings for them?

At this point, I'm just curious....nothing more.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard