Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
but the runners are TUBULAR not OVULAR for better flow

That's not a true statement though.

An extrude honed intake would have better flow characteristics then a similiarly set up tubular because the inner ports are cut and smoothed just like the air would flow.

It would also have the ability to be made better by maximizes the honing.

With a cast EH'd manifold there are no multiple angles.
No multiple weld joints.
No sharp corners.
Et cetera...

Tubular does not necessarily mean better in any design.

Check out my website. I have good information and theory on port size, shape, and manifold types.
It's been updated recently and I'm putting more on my notes online again.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
There are no sharp corners.
weld joints are smoothed out in side it.
This was extrude honed.
We are talking about my tubular intake right?
It is known tubular flows better than ovular
I had it on my car and noticed a huge difference down low and up top in the rpm range.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
demon what do you think about the design of wagners intake? It seems like a simple design. You could pretty easily imagine the inside. looks pretty sweet. I really am thinking of buying one. He of course would grind down the welds and clean it up a bit.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
i dont like the looks of it..i am cuurently designing my own custom aluminum manifold based on the one shown in the link below. (its for a mustang) runner length is the thing that has me, or does it not matter w/ a turbo.

http://www.need-4-speed.com/proturbo.htm

also anyone look under performance engines and see eagle H-beam rods & JE pistons for under $400..wunder if their for the duratec?

Last edited by rac74; 02/03/05 12:18 AM.

1998 CSVT E0 3L son's car - http://www.cardomain.com/id/svturbo 1998 CSVT E1 (Future 3L) daughters car Get in, sit down ,shut up, hold on
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
make an offer....and remember this thing is the actual prototype for our svt but the runners are TUBULAR not OVULAR for better flow

pm me and we'll talk

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
There are no sharp corners.
weld joints are smoothed out in side it.
This was extrude honed.
We are talking about my tubular intake right?
It is known tubular flows better than ovular
I had it on my car and noticed a huge difference down low and up top in the rpm range.

Any time you weld it together there are seems ,corner, and angles. Period!

Extrude honed tubular intake.

It's a fact the prototype manifold did no better then an extrude honed stock split port.
Also with extrude honing you are certain the airflow to each respective port is the same.

You're just making this shtuff up as you go along aren't you.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
demon what do you think about the design of wagners intake? It seems like a simple design. You could pretty easily imagine the inside.

I don't like it personally.

Also how can you imagine the inside.
You can't see how the runners are attached to the plenum.

I don't see that being a good design at all personally. Then it's said it was built for a turbo...

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

(It's a fact the prototype manifold did no better then an extrude honed stock split port.)

Where might you be getting your (facts) from? Watson engineering? Otherwise is not stated anywhere.
I have personally drove the car with it on and felt the differences. This manifold is about 2/3 the weight of the svt upper intake shaving some weight off the car. Either way its lighter, tubular and one of a kind and don't forget looks awesome. If it flowed the same as the svt manifold then there is still something to gain.

Last edited by svtProdigy; 02/03/05 05:02 AM.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
i really don't think weight savings off of your UIM will actually enhance your performance. . .the SVT UIM isn't that heavy for an all aluminium UIM anyways, and most importantly, for people like Demon and myself who've EH'ed the crap out of it, there isn't much left in there!!!

I wish I would've measured pre and post dyno measurements of the extra EHing on my UIM, but alas, one could only surmise that the extra smooth lining inside (which THAT design CERTAINLY doesn't have) can only enhance the flow. . . .

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
You can kind of see the runners in one of the pics. There short, obviously good for turbo, and what I can make out, the center "plate" section,or what maybe a plenum, just appears to be a cover if anything. Looks basicly like a tube welded around all of the ports, failry similar to a 2.5 manifold, but picture it with small runners only. Hard to tell but the tubing appears to be a little on the large side, I guess depends on what he is trying to accomplish. Not the best looking thing around, but if it works.....

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard