Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Revolution Performance Manufacturing (RPM), a Mazda6 forum vendor, has become an authorized dealer of Wagner products and has established a group buy for their stainless steel headers.

All information, pictures and dyno concerning these headers can be found in this thread:

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=827491&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=all

Retail price of these headers are $600 and do not include a y-pipe, but do include O2 and EGR bungs. You can optimize your stock y-pipe for cheaper (and better) than MSDS' version. Since O2 and EGR are retained, no MIL eliminators are needed.

The exclusive special price for this group buy is $539 (plus $20 shipping within the continental US)! This is a limited time offer that will be discontinued on Feburary 15, 2005.

Texas residents will be required to pay sales taxes of 8.25%.

The headers will be built to order, so they will ship approximately 10 to 14 days after you place your order. Orders will be processed in the order in which they are received.

If you have any special shipping instructions or other comments, please include them along with your phone number on the order form.

If you need your headers shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or internationally, please contact us for a shipping quote. Additional bungs (for EGT, etc.) can be added to your headers at an additional cost of $20 each. Please contact us in advance if you have any special requests or instructions regarding the manufacture of your headers.

How to order

You may click here to send your payment directly or place your order from our website at www.revolutionsix.com. If you plan to pick up your headers directly from Wagner (and thus, do not need them shipped), please use this link instead, as it will not include shipping charges.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask by replying to this post. If you would like to speak with someone prior to your order, you're welcome to call me at (817) 907-4513 or Wagner Motorsports at (717) 846-1570.

Thanks!

Driving the Caliber Side project: The LT-5 Fiero is being born..
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Fantastic!

I have a few questions though...

First, has anybody done a test fit on a Contour, Mystique, or Cougar yet (any of those three should do)?? The headers look great and are VERY promising for our platform, but the O2 bung on the front header looks like it will stick straight out the front of the car & may create an interferance problem.

Additionally, the rear manifold has a slight kink at the bottom. I'm wondering if that will be a problem with a stock Y. A test fit should answer that as well.

Finally, if the headers won't mate up to the Contour/Cougar/Mystique platform, a Y pipe option would VERY likely solve those fitment issues & open up the market for these headers to the CDW27 platform. Is a Y-pipe in the plans?

Thanks for your time & effort, I really hope somebody can confirm a few things!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Even though this is the GB thread.. a quick picture of the Mazda6 V6 exhaust should clear up things:

7,8,9 and 10 are all Mazda6 oxygen sensor locations. 11 is the EGR tube if memory serves.

As you can see our y-pipe was designed by someone on a bad acid trip and probably drunk at the same time too. I doubt the Y-pipe with high-flow cat that Wagner is developing, will work with the Contour platform, but we really cannot speculate until Wagner gets a prototype out.

B
Learned patience the hard way
B
According to a source of mine that makes another brand of headers the two types are not interchangeable as I previously asked this question of him.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Did he give any particular reason why?

I don't find these header companies to be too forthgiving with information, such as when I contacted MSDS about their stupid elbow fittings from the headers to the y-pipe since I want to run my own. They told me it was impossible to do..

In any case, I have left a message with Andrew Wagner to get back to me if LancasterSVT here can stop by for fitment check without having to buy the headers, I know he felt bad about that.

Last edited by Twisted6; 02/01/05 04:01 PM.

B
B
"Rick, the Mazda6S precats are unlike the taurus and the contour. The precats :
Use a end flange instead of a ball-swivel; have differently located emissions fittings; and being engineered by Ford--the tubes are even smaller for this 3.0 than found on the earlies 2.5 !"

Here's a copy of what I got. I guess it doesn't mean that it won't fit at all, but at a minimum would take some additional work and a y-pipe that fit these headers in lieu of a contour one.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I don't want to kill the enthusiasm, but there really should be a test fit before you post a group buy for contour owners.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I am calling them tomorrow morning about a possible test fit, since my car is sitting about half an hour from their shop.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
And you WILL need MILS as the precats are deleted. That is for sure!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Jason43:
I don't want to kill the enthusiasm, but there really should be a test fit before you post a group buy for contour owners.

I think that part of the idea was that if we can show enough interest ahead of time it will help increase the priority of a test fitting as well as possibly engineering a slightly different part to make it compatible with contiques. I am interested in this as tax money is coming soon however, 4 days ago their website said $500. seems they got wind of all the interest in these and they want to jack the price up. I would like to see a better group buy price personally

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard