Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
OP Offline
R
I am another of the unfortunate people who have the 3rd gear stutter after installing the new ford fuel pump in my 2000 svt contour. I have around 50k and since installing the new pump, mostly in 3rd gear at light to moderate loads between 2000-4000rpm, the car starts to buck. Has anyone found a SOLUTION to this problem??? Please let me know.

randomds
2000 svt contour

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
No S#$T! I've also had this problem since installing the new pump about a month ago. I figured it was a random misfire, which honestly didn't make any sense, considering my plugs and wires were all new.

Do we know what causes this?? I'd really like to figure out a fix, as i'm not to happy with the lugging right now.

-Chris 2000 SE Sport V6 5spd (all stock except for EO brakes)
R
OP Offline
R
OKAY, I called the Ford hotline, basically to get Ford to determine the fix for this problem and possibily issue a recall, lots of people need to call and state they too are having this problem. so PLEASE call if you are having this 3rd gear stutter with the new pump and complain.
The hotline number for Ford is: 1-800-392-3673
When you call, have your VIN # with you.

randomds
2000 SVT Contour

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Can we get a quick idea of who else has had this problem with the new fuel pump?

That way we can possibly have some recourse with Ford.

Thanks

L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
did u guys just change they pump or the whole assembly?

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
R
OP Offline
R
I replaced the entire assembly, not just the fuel pump motor. and in response to who else has had this problem, there are a number of other posts in troubleshooting with people who have this problem. the people who have the problems seem to be anyone with a late model 5 speed manual contour who have replaced the pump.
to give you more info, i actually took my car to the dealership after i couldnt figure anything out. i paid the bastards 145 bills to 'diagnose' the problem. they came back and said, 'well we cant put a direct cause to the problem, but we can start by replacing your intake gaskets, egr valve, and evr - for $850 extra... and we will not guarantee that this will fix the problem, but its a start'. obviously at that point i said no and took my car home. my opinion of Ford has taken a 180 degree turn around for the bad after all this.

O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE !

I have(had) this problem.

I brought it into Ford for them to check it out since its under warranty and first they replaced the DPFE sensor, wasn't it, they called to confirm I was using for 91 oct, check, took a look at my trans and fluid, check and check, they called svt and to try replacing the maf sensor.

With the new maf sensor it fixed 80%-90% of the problem. its still there, but really really lightly, and its a little stronger (the buck) from 2800-3000.

My next plans are maybe replacing the tb with an opt. and a new iac, but at a certain point with a card that is only 6 years old and less than 40k km's on the odo (yes 40,000 kms), [censored] Ford in the ass. There is just way too much headache with this car.

And I can't seem to get the [censored] mileage figured out with no cel's, 195 sized winter tires, and only getting 18mpg.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ODC:
KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE !

I have(had) this problem.

I brought it into Ford for them to check it out since its under warranty and first they replaced the DPFE sensor, wasn't it, they called to confirm I was using for 91 oct, check, took a look at my trans and fluid, check and check, they called svt and to try replacing the maf sensor.

With the new maf sensor it fixed 80%-90% of the problem. its still there, but really really lightly, and its a little stronger (the buck) from 2800-3000.

My next plans are maybe replacing the tb with an opt. and a new iac, but at a certain point with a card that is only 6 years old and less than 40k km's on the odo (yes 40,000 kms), [censored] Ford in the ass. There is just way too much headache with this car.

And I can't seem to get the [censored] mileage figured out with no cel's, 195 sized winter tires, and only getting 18mpg.

I replaced the whole unit also, not just the motor.

So why were they thinking it was your MAF?? It's just really odd that this problem would come up after replacing the fuel pump, especially since my engine was strong before the old one went. I'm thinking maybe the issue is something with the amperage that the new pump is drawing. (is it at all different?) Perhaps this could throw off the EEC. I'm going to talk with a tech down at Ford tomorrow to see if they know what's going on with this. I know the pump is under warranty for a year, but if we are all getting this issue, then I don't think replacing the pump again will fix it.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by sail114:
Can we get a quick idea of who else has had this problem with the new fuel pump?

That way we can possibly have some recourse with Ford.

Thanks

Mine does it all the way through the RPM band in 3rd....

SeSportV 1999 Silver Contour SE Sport MTX (2.5) Air Intake Resonator Removed Silver Rear Valence Blue Turn Signals, Nozzles, Interior LED's Custom Blue Trim Single Silver Wiper (Bad A** and Unique) 15.9 1/4 mile @ 89 MPH
R
OP Offline
R
Again, I ask you all to call the Ford Hotline and complain, then maybe they'll consider resolving this issue for us. An earlier post of mine has the phone #.

randomds
2000 SVT Contour
51k miles

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard