Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Yeah! Yeah! I know, might as well beat a dead horse, but I noticed that SP Motorsports has a Steeda oil seperator and selling it for around $60.

http://www.spmotorsports.com/ATCmisc_fluidseparators_oil.html

But I am wondering, the seperator itself looks just like a water seperator that you would use on an air compressor and I wonder if it is. If so, you could make one of these kits for less than nothing. Not that I am knocking the Steeda or SPM, but if I can make it for less, then I will. You get the idea, right? Plus, for some reason I think it looks better and would be pretty easy to hide.

So, has anyone ever seen one of these and know for sure that it is actually the same thing as a water seperator?

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Looks like one of these Norgren minature air filters. Link

But I think they should be using one of these coalescing ones. Link

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I don't see why either would not work. Since there is no significant pressure on the inlet line and the disharge line actually would see a venturi type vacuum if any thing...no real pressure drop sizing issues. The real key is to keep an eye on it until you have an idea of the time span to drain. Another point is to recognize that the elements at max have a life span of 4-6000 hours, then they need to be cleaned or replaced. You can do it all for around $12-15.00.

jkr2wld
'97 2.5 LX
Vibrant White

jkr2wld '97 LX 2.5 ATX Vibrant White
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by unisys12:
But I am wondering, the seperator itself looks just like a water seperator that you would use on an air compressor and I wonder if it is.

DING DING DING

~$15 at any place that sells air compressor stuff. Parts house, tools store, hardware store, etc...

Several folks are running them. I've seen a couple pictures on NECO recently even.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by unisys12:
But I am wondering, the seperator itself looks just like a water seperator that you would use on an air compressor and I wonder if it is.

DING DING DING

~$15 at any place that sells air compressor stuff. Parts house, tools store, hardware store, etc...

Several folks are running them. I've seen a couple pictures on NECO recently even.

Cool. I found one at Wally World for $11, so all I need is the fittings and the hose.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
They take male NPT fittings. Probably just like the ones hanging next to the separator/filter at wallyworld.

Hose size is normally 3/8"

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.

Link Copied to Clipboard