Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
98+ has a gas light that comes on with approxiately 2 gallons of fuel remaining in the tank.

...not that you should ever intentionally run the tank that low.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by elraido:
anyone wanna fix my car for me?

how many miles do you have on your car and when was the last time you had it tuned. you'll be amazed at what i tune up will do a 10 year old car.

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
E
elraido Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
The car had 140,000 miles on it when my mom got it...she drove it for about 5000 miles then sold it to me. The records that we got said that it had an mobil1 oil change every 3-5k, spark plugs at 95K along with other tune up stuff. The car idles GREAT (smoooooooooooth as new) and still has the new car smell....mmmmmmmmmmm new car smell

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by elraido:
over 400 miles per tank!?!?! Is that with a duratec? Cause straight highway driving I can get slightly over 300.

Yes that was with my first 95SE Auto.

Chris Carr92 SHO MTX~99 Taurus SE~95 Contour SE "Be good. If you cant be good, be careful. If you cant be careful, name it after me. Anonymous"
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
So you got at least 50,000 miles on your plugs and who knows how old the plug wires are. Probably injectors, lower and upper intake manifolds never been cleaned. Start with changing your air filter and using a good injector cleaner. See if that helps and work your way to the plugs, wires, fuel filter�
Do you have any CELs maybe you have a clogged cat or bad O2 sensor.
Do you feel your secondaries kick in around 3800 RPMs?

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
E
elraido Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
No cels...and the air filter is good (even though once I start working in a couple weeks I am going to go K&N), and now that I think about it I really am not sure if those wires have been replaced or not but considering how well the car has been taken care of I am thinking they have been replaced...only one way to fix that for sure. Fuel Filter was changed at around the 95K mark. I have used fuel injector cleaner though (seafoam). I do think the cat is going on it though....I get the rotten egg smell from time to time.

E
elraido Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I don't think the PCV has been changed though....

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I have a low gas light ... found out one day

When you start your car and all the warning idiot lights light up for diagnostic check, you will see if you have a low gas light or not.

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by RawBurt:
My 99 svt does...

Yup, same with mine.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
E
elraido Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
maybe when I am low I will just tape a little pic of a fuel dispenser on my guages.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard