Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
try some fuel system cleaner, maybe the float is gunked up and sticking

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
E
elraido Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
did that...been there...3 bottles of seafoam didn't fix it.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Have you heard of a gas station? Fill your tank up at 1/4 and your worries will be over. I have this light on my Taurus and I think I have only seen it once.

Chris Carr92 SHO MTX~99 Taurus SE~95 Contour SE "Be good. If you cant be good, be careful. If you cant be careful, name it after me. Anonymous"
E
elraido Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Yeah, but when I drive 300 miles from college to home on the weekends I like to make it without stopping and having some left over.

A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by 95Sleeper:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
brapple already did enlighten you. Pre98s no low gas light. 98+ yes low gas light.

ohh, shut DOWN!

- could I get one by swapping dash parts with a post-98? and is the light accurate at all? I usually fill up early, but my commute home from school is the most podunk roads in north central PA, and there just aren't gas stations sometimes.

I thought not all pre98 SE's had the same standard options; and if anything this option would have been available with higher up models in earlier year than in later years.
plus my SE for an example doesn't make any sense it has no ABS, no Trac Control, no leather, yet has a sunroof, power everything and had the stock CD head unit. Get this my 95 has no trunk light, I've seen many pre 98s not necessarily SE's with trunk lights "how could you explain that"
So who knows maybe someone might have a pre 98 with low gas indicator light, or maybe Ford got this one right added this option when they changed the body style.

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
If you fill up when you leave you should be fine. I drove from NE - MN 600+ miles and only had to stop once to fill up. You don't want to learn the hard way that your car should get 421 miles per tank like I did It cost me over an hour of my time to get some gas. It's not worth the time, just take a 15 min break and fill up. It is even easier now that you can use your ATM card at the pumps. You don't even have to go into the place.

Chris Carr92 SHO MTX~99 Taurus SE~95 Contour SE "Be good. If you cant be good, be careful. If you cant be careful, name it after me. Anonymous"
E
elraido Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
over 400 miles per tank!?!?! Is that with a duratec? Cause straight highway driving I can get slightly over 300.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by abwamo:
Originally posted by 95Sleeper:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
brapple already did enlighten you. Pre98s no low gas light. 98+ yes low gas light.

ohh, shut DOWN!

- could I get one by swapping dash parts with a post-98? and is the light accurate at all? I usually fill up early, but my commute home from school is the most podunk roads in north central PA, and there just aren't gas stations sometimes.

I thought not all pre98 SE's had the same standard options; and if anything this option would have been available with higher up models in earlier year than in later years.
plus my SE for an example doesn't make any sense it has no ABS, no Trac Control, no leather, yet has a sunroof, power everything and had the stock CD head unit. Get this my 95 has no trunk light, I've seen many pre 98s not necessarily SE's with trunk lights "how could you explain that"
So who knows maybe someone might have a pre 98 with low gas indicator light, or maybe Ford got this one right added this option when they changed the body style.

see my post before, pre 98 had more color on the dash then post 98's

Everything you list about your SE is an option and power everything was standard late in 95, by all means the LS mystique should have a duratec as it is the equizalent of a LX that had the Duratec standard, but I have a Zetec in my LS and all the goodies but leather, premium sound and the sunroof

as for the trunk light, must be missing as I beleive all contours have a trunk light

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
E
elraido Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
anyone wanna fix my car for me?

A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by brapple:

as for the trunk light, must be missing as I beleive all contours have a trunk light

if the light is missing the wiring wouldn't be missing too. I didn't know about trunk lights were available until i saw Trujap's 97 GL that had one, and he couldn't beleive that i dont have one on my SE. my SE is an early 95 "built in fall of 94" so who knows what happened there.
BTW i also get around 400+ miles per tank on the highway.

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard