Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
BTW Goonz, the how-to is great. I plan on doing mine just like that. Thanks

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
BTW Goonz, the how-to is great. I plan on doing mine just like that. Thanks

thanks guys, I really appreciate it

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
When do we get to see the finished product?

Someone already has them finished.

Clicky

Damn, i like those... I see a future mod. After the rims, K&N and maf adapter

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
heres a picture of it mounted, sorry cause of the salt and dirty car, I'll take some more when the weather will let me

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

ok for this I would suggest you guys use washers, the nuts end up getting lose on the bottom plate as well as the connection between the fog and main bracket. You need it all to be secures otherwise all the agitation will losen up the nuts and god forbid you fogs pop out in the middle of traffic and they break..i don't want this to be my fault, so make sure u use washers or somthing that'll tighten it up and lock it my bad

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
bad news..I spun out and hit a snow bank pretty hard everything is fine except for the driver side bracket. That broke and now that whole assemble is lose. Its soo flippin cold out to do anything or wiring, I'm just gonna wire my new speakers for the time

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I want to do this mod to then intall HIDs on the Hellas, but I don't want to go through the mission and hazard of putting my head under a jacked up car (don't have jack stands) and risk making my head a waffle.

Does anybody know if the front bumper cover can come off easily? Thanks!

XL

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by durateX:
I want to do this mod to then intall HIDs on the Hellas, but I don't want to go through the mission and hazard of putting my head under a jacked up car (don't have jack stands) and risk making my head a waffle.

Does anybody know if the front bumper cover can come off easily? Thanks!

XL

just jack the front end of the car up, as for putting HID's in the hella's, I dont think that will happen, the fog light itself is vveeerry small and sealed very tightly, It would be extremely hard. I wanted to put in silverstar bulbs instead of the Hella's but it was utterly impossible due to the sealing ang the wiring.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
just jack the front end of the car up, as for putting HID's in the hella's, I dont think that will happen, the fog light itself is vveeerry small and sealed very tightly, It would be extremely hard. I wanted to put in silverstar bulbs instead of the Hella's but it was utterly impossible due to the sealing ang the wiring.

Well, I have confirmation that the stock fog lamp housings are deep enough to accept the HID bulbs, so should I just get brand new stock fog lamps (Tousley Ford has them in stock) for 40% off of list and install the HID in those?

XL

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by durateX:

Well, I have confirmation that the stock fog lamp housings are deep enough to accept the HID bulbs, so should I just get brand new stock fog lamps (Tousley Ford has them in stock) for 40% off of list and install the HID in those?

XL

The lens cover for the stock ones in plastic, I dont want the HID's to melt it right out

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard