Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1166446 01/25/05 09:21 PM
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
well, I did it, and this is what it all is (you guys should pick what this mod should be called)

This is what u need

1 - stock mounting brackets (along with each and every screw that was taken out)

2 - Hella 2500 Optilux (duh)

3 - 3/8 machine screws (2 of them) and hex nuts that will fit them (2 of them too)

4 - regular tools etc

5 - about 30min work, it took me 15min

Here are all the pics and instructions along

JUST A REMINDER;
YOU HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO TAKE THE STOCK FOG LIGHTS ALONG WITH THE ASSEMBLY OUT BY YOURSELF, LET ME TELL YOU, THEY ARE A BIIIIG PITA!!!

This is what I did though briefly, I jacked the front end up so I could easily work under the car. I just unscrewed the adjuster screw for the fogs until the screw just came out, that made the spring lose as well so I took the spring out, that made the fog lights loose and I could move them up and down freely. The Fog Lights are held on to the bracket by these round things on the side of it that snap into the bracket, here is the picture (its not good but better than nothing)

notice on the side the round thing snapped into the bracket, well u gotta somehow take that off and get the fog lights out. when thats done then the brackets are held onto the bumper with 2 screws, one on the top of the bracket and the other right where u take the foglights off (its at a cery bad angle, you'll see it. Good Luck (PLEASE DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, WHAT I SAID HERE IS JUST THE WAY I DID IT, IF YOU BREAK SOMTHING, DONT SUE ME

INSTALLATION OF THE HELLLA'S

Get the stock brackets and take the bottom place out (don't destroy those rubber lock screws (you'll end up like me)

this is what i should look like then (with the rubber lock screws)

I then took the big piece of the bracket where the fog goes in and alligned the hole where the previous stock fog lights adjuster screw went through with the hole on the Hella's fog light. Here some picture

as u can see I used the 3/8 screw along with the hex nut to secure the fog light assembly onto the stock bracket. Make sure its tight, dont want to have the lights moving up and down if you hit a curb. this is what it should all look like

Now if you want you can use the second hole on Hella fog light and drill through it alligned with the stock bracket and use alittle longer screws and a nut to insure totall securement onto the bracket (if u want that is, I didnt, hopefully it wont come back to haunt me )

ok now you hafta put the bottom plate of the bracket back on using the rubber lock screw that hopefully you saved, I didn't and I had to get new oned for one bracket though, the other one I saved, here are more pics

well in the end it should all look like this

Then you go back to your car and use the same screws and held the bracket together with the bumper and put everything back on, do the wiring that I have no clue about how to do, my friend is gonna do it for me.

Hopefully this is helpfull, you have any questions PM me and please, do this at your own risk, if anything happens or u break somthing, done blame it one me, thanks

GOOD LUCK!!

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Very nice job...I bent up a new bracket out of aluminum that works fine but this is actually a easier and cleaner install. Do you still have the factory adjustment ? My plan was to modify the factory brackets to retain the adjustment feature later this Spring.

At 1st I didn't want to cut the factory wires but have since changed my mind. I want to have the lights come on with the factory fog light switch and the angel eyes with a separate lighted switch. This way I will not forget they are on and kill my battery. You should be able to splice them into the factory wires, I'm also 99% sure you don't need to use the relay. You also probably don't need the fuse either but it wouldn't hurt to add it in. If you use the angel eyes wire them separately to a simple lighted SPST toggle switch, you can get it from Radio Shack for a couple of bucks.

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by scottd60:
... I want to have the lights come on with the factory fog light switch and the angel eyes with a separate lighted switch. This way I will not forget they are on and kill my battery. ...

just connect the power to a ignition controlled source and you will not have to worry

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by brapple:
Originally posted by scottd60:
... I want to have the lights come on with the factory fog light switch and the angel eyes with a separate lighted switch. This way I will not forget they are on and kill my battery. ...

just connect the power to a ignition controlled source and you will not have to worry

Yeah...I know about that, I just want to keep the fogs switched through the factory switch to keep the install as stock and clean as possible. Not too worried about the angel eye's they could run for a month and not kill the battery but a lighted switch would remind me they are on.

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
GoonzSVT: Nice job. My projectors and FF75's came in. With my Jetta being a bit cranky lately, I haven't had a chance to even think about lights on the Mystique. I hope that the lights I got will mount in a similar fashion to yours. I can't wait to be able to see down the road ...

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by weasel:
GoonzSVT: Nice job. My projectors and FF75's came in. With my Jetta being a bit cranky lately, I haven't had a chance to even think about lights on the Mystique. I hope that the lights I got will mount in a similar fashion to yours. I can't wait to be able to see down the road ...

hopefully Spring Break I'll start the projector mods and post the same how to pictures, although results may vary but we'll see what happens. I'll take more pictures of the fogs in action looking into the street

Last edited by Goonz SVT; 01/26/05 02:51 AM.

D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
When I do this I think ill have the angel eyes go on with the parking lights...not sure

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by DopePope:
When I do this I think ill have the angel eyes go on with the parking lights...not sure

I saw these lights about a week before the frist ones had shown up here but I was going to wait until I hab my PRe98 SVT body kit done before I did it. I was thinking a bout putting the on with the park lights. I did a mod like that for my Taurus fog lights here is how it would work. You just hook up this relay...

Chris Carr92 SHO MTX~99 Taurus SE~95 Contour SE "Be good. If you cant be good, be careful. If you cant be careful, name it after me. Anonymous"
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
When do we get to see the finished product?

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by RawBurt:
When do we get to see the finished product?

Someone already has them finished.

Clicky

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard