Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1164878 03/30/05 06:47 PM
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
About a week ago I switched over to ATF+3 chrysler spec trans fluid 3 quarts of it including the addition of Ford friction modifier and the shifting as a result is very smooth it used to be a bit difficult to get into third gear but now it is very smooth.

#1164879 03/30/05 08:18 PM
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Just adding my 2 cents:

On cold starts and after periods of sitting for a few days, it was darn near impossible to get in to reverse. I had to do the "rock forward in 1st" thing to get in R. Other times on cold mornings, I'd have it in R- only to have it partially pop out and give a nice grind. This was with a ~50,000 mi old cocktail tranny.

I've been running Redline MTL for about 3 weeks, and the offending symptoms are pretty much gone- even on cold morning/evening starts. It didn't seem to make a difference at first, but after 2 or 3 days, I no longer sound like an MTX noob when I back up. Shifts like butter now.

-Chuck Dienzo Black 98.5 E1 SVT #5022 of 6535 Born on March 16, 1998 "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
#1164880 03/31/05 04:59 AM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
My guess is if you know how to actually drive stick and use the clutch your tranny might have a better chance at survival even if using atf+3. (I'm not pointing any fingers saying anyone here can't drive stick.)

LOL! With all the known problems in these transmissions you claim it is lack of driver skill? Puh-lease , like countless rubes across the nation driving manual tranny Contiques are only having problems because they can't figure out what the third pedal is for.

EDIT: Maybe if people could figure out how to make right turns there wouldn't be so many bearing failures.

(I'm not pointing any fingers saying anyone here can't drive stick.)

Learn how to read dumbazz. Considering half the people i ride along with CAN'T drive stick I'm not surprised the MTX-75 doesn't last long. If you think the spun bearing issue is a turning issue your even more of a friggin dumbazz. Considering bearings are faliing driving straight turning and with all different amounts of mileage on them....that doesn't make it a turning issue.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
#1164881 03/31/05 01:07 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
My guess is if you know how to actually drive stick and use the clutch your tranny might have a better chance at survival even if using atf+3. (I'm not pointing any fingers saying anyone here can't drive stick.)

LOL! With all the known problems in these transmissions you claim it is lack of driver skill? Puh-lease , like countless rubes across the nation driving manual tranny Contiques are only having problems because they can't figure out what the third pedal is for.

EDIT: Maybe if people could figure out how to make right turns there wouldn't be so many bearing failures.

(I'm not pointing any fingers saying anyone here can't drive stick.)

Learn how to read dumbazz. Considering half the people i ride along with CAN'T drive stick I'm not surprised the MTX-75 doesn't last long. If you think the spun bearing issue is a turning issue your even more of a friggin dumbazz. Considering bearings are faliing driving straight turning and with all different amounts of mileage on them....that doesn't make it a turning issue.

You're kidding, right? He was being sarcastic there, Harvey...

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard