Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
zakatak Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
The carbon track is coming up the porcelain (near the center electrode in the combustion chamber). I'm sure there is a name for tha area, but you know what I mean. It seems very erratic, no plug seems to track on every change. Also, I do get a CEL every now and then on the highway after passing cars and whatnot. The code indicates a lean condition on one bank, and the plugs show that too, they are abnormally white.

1995 SE Mods- SVT Exhaust. SVT Intake, E1 SVT Wheels, BAT Euro Suspension, 20% tint sides and rear, 50% tint windshield. Future Mods- A new third syncro. It's my boring daily driver that I autocross on the weekends.
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by zakatak:
The carbon track is coming up the porcelain

Bingo! The plug is letting the spark following the carbon track instead of arcing across the gap.

Z
zakatak Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
Right, I know that is the problem, but I can't understand why it continues to carbon track. Also, would that cause backfiring into the intake? Could a fill up of bad gas have caused the worsened conditions this time and it might go back to it's normal mis next fill up? Thanks again.

1995 SE Mods- SVT Exhaust. SVT Intake, E1 SVT Wheels, BAT Euro Suspension, 20% tint sides and rear, 50% tint windshield. Future Mods- A new third syncro. It's my boring daily driver that I autocross on the weekends.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard