Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
B
B
When the hell was this about the "sound" of the exhaust?! He made claims of PERFORMANCE, not SOUND. That was his first selling point, and THAT is the problem!

We're talking about showing proof of its performance, not of how good it sounds, because, to a deaf man, they all sound the exact same!

GOD, what an ass!

95 2.0L ATX GL

ummm... nothing else, really...
R
R
Who's selling point?

I'm confused - Clarify.

John

1999 Contour SVT
F
F
Quote:
You are publicly humiliating a very good person who hasn't really done anything wrong but speak his mind (First amendment...). And you want to smack down on him because his opinions differ other than yours.
I don't think ANYONE "publicly humiliated" Cardoc in THIS thread, at least not until YOU piped in and decided to start trouble. Honestly, I have to commend everyone for remaining so level-headed in discussing CarDoc's exhaust. Even after this guy started running his mouth, everyone stayed pretty cool.

It leads me to believe that the Cardoc vs. CEG feud pretty much dead. Sorry, but you missed the boat. I sense that no one on this side wants any part in it anymore.

2000 Mercury Cougar V6 ATX. 16.0@87MPH, 155.0 FWHP
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Ratchie1:
I just showed you that your benevolent "respected" member is a lying sack of sh*t.

Ok, I dug up the email from Hypermart:

Subject: Notice of account removal
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:49:39 -0800

Dear Valued HyperMart Member:

We regret to inform you that your account
onwhite1 will be deleted from our servers
within the next 48 hours because it violates our
Terms of Service, found at
http://www.hypermart.net/t/account/policies/tos.

Reason: Hosting account used only for file storage

It is for the above reason that we have been forced to
schedule the removal of your account onwhite1
from our servers.

If you believe the action we have taken is in error,
please contact us at abuse@hypermart.net with the
following account information:

Anyways, this topic has been a dead issue for months. Thanks for digging it up, I always enjoy this topic. :rolleyes:

They say those with class know when to leave a dead topic alone....

\'94 Cobra #4963/5009, black on black, not quite stock
Formerly owned a black '00 SVT, #1972
Join the SVTOA!
RIP - Ray "Old Fart Emeritus" McNairy
M
M
dyno or shut up. this whole "sound" argument is just a way to weazel your way out of a losing argument.

R
Administrator
Administrator
R
Ratchie, before I lock this thread, I have a few comments.

1. Your skills of debate are lacking tremendously. You make little effort to discuss the actual issues at hand, and resort to what basically amounts to name calling. Pathetic and childish.

2. While no angel, Steve Bassen gave Cardoc plenty of opportunity to respond to technical questions. But Dom decided to start in with the personal bashing (much like you have resorted to) so Bassen continued to ask the same technical questions while adding in some "insulting" commentary. Certainly not nice, and certainly a bit vulgar, but not uncalled for given Cardoc's comments. While Dom may have called Mr. Bassen's account w/ hypermart into scrutiny, it certainly was not the reason it was cancelled, as steve has posted the email he recieved from them, and I recall when the account was cancelled, Mr. Bassen stated the same reason back then.

you may wish to refer to this thread:
http://www.contour.org/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002697;p=2
for reference.

3. The reason cardoc has gained such a "reputation" here, is because he has, on multiple occasions made statements that where one or more of the following: lies, half-truths, exaggeratted claims, incorrect technical information, marketing propaganda, misleading statements, etc.
Further, rather than answer any technical questions regarding these statements (and others) he resorts to personal bashing, and further wild claims (anyone remember when he claimed he was an engineer?)

4. Cardoc's exhaust has nothing inherently wrong with it. But on the other hand, it is nothing that cannot be duplicated in any muffler shop in any town across this country. Cardoc presented it initially as offering more power, better sound and lighter weight than any other Conotur exhaust system out there. He was questioned on how his crush bends could be better than mandrel, and he stated that crush bends flowed better than mandrel. The physics of the universe we live in just don't support that claim.
Personally, I do not like the sound of the one application of Cardoc's exhaust I have heard in person (the former setup on NYnicksSVT's car) but to each his own, right?

5. Ratchie, your pathetic attempts at arguing technical matters by personal flaming are not acceptable here. If you wish to remain here, argue/discuss topics in a rational and non-personal way, ie in a technical discussion, try to use tech. rather than personal flaming.
If you cannot raise your maturity level to at least that of a 10 year old, I will be forced to ban you. And I don't like to ban people (heck, I haven't even banned Cardoc, he can at least hold a rational conversation on occasion)

If you wish to argue this matter any further, feel free to Private message or email me.

It's all about balance.

bcphillips@peoplepc.com
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard