Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
alright got a new subframe in the mail. just a basic question; when swapping the old with the new.all i need after is an alignment? anything else to keep in mind? oh and keep me posted on those tubular control arms. thanks to nvsvt and ati (maxwell) for setting it up and making it happen.

-------------------------------------------------- 1998 contour svt toreador red b&m shifter,sho shop air intake,,throttle hang fix,optimized throttle body,h&r springs,billstein struts,18" quantum tek s13 rims,225/40-18 goodyear eagle f1's
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
is there any chance of getting another group buy on this. maybe not as steep of a price-break but something?

yes... I am a cougar owner trolling on your board.
N
NVSVT Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by bensenvill:
is there any chance of getting another group buy on this. maybe not as steep of a price-break but something?

ATI MIGHT BE making the "Aussie" bar and IF they do there is a chance of getting Maxwell Church to do another sub-frame group buy in connection with it.

I suggest that you contact fastcougar if you want to make it happen; he wants to be the only contact for the "Aussie" bar group buy.

The Original Owner of 1998 SVT Contour #3384 of 6535, Toreador Red/Midnight Blue, Assembled September 3rd, 1997 Also the Original Owner of a 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed, Vibrant White/Greystone Sport Cloth, Assembled August 6th, 1998
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
thats why I ask my questions here rather than immediately contacting ATI

yes... I am a cougar owner trolling on your board.
D
D
Hey guys, Dennis Grant here from ATI.

We're not against doing another group buy on the subframes. I know we have a bunch of the replacement mounts in stock, and I think we may actually have some converted and not-yet-converted subframes in stock.

If you guys want to get another one going, we're up for it.

As far as the bar goes... this has proved a little bit more difficult. The main problem has been sourcing metric tubular steel in a suitable alloy and then finding someone with the tooling that can bend it.

We can do the bar, but it looks like we can only make it happen if we get preorders for 200 of them (we have to buy a lot of steel to get the price down)

As it turns out, there's a non-metric size that is within a couple of thousandths of an inch of the OD of the metric bar (such that the bushing suppliers only stock one size for both diameters) and Max is going to try and have the job requoted using that steel instead of the metric stuff. Our suspicion is that it'll either be cheaper outright, and/or we won't have to buy as large a quantity.

We'll keep you posted as we get details.

Unfortunately, this project is running into the typical bane of short-run jobs; that the unit price is stupid expensive unless the quantity comes way up.

The specs on the bar look good though. We're going to properly heat-treat it like a real race car bar (it adds suprisingly little to the price, and it adds a lot of strength and repeatability to the bar)

If you really want it, y'all need to start gathering the clans and get the ball rolling on the group buy. As it sits right now, we won't be able to do the bar unless we get pretty close to an entire production run presold.

DG

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I didn't realize there was any real interest in another subframe group buy.
Other than one person who had inquired about it quite a while ago.
If someone needs just one take a peek at my sig.
It looks like the real demand (not by me) right now is for the sway bar.

1998.5 SVT I'm working on it. WTB 2.0L Contique.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Replying here, even though this belongs in the aussie bar thread...

Dennis... on May 27th, Maxwell asked if 15/16" tube would be ok to replace the 24mm tube, and the same day Stazi said that would work. So since then, we have no longer been expecting 24mm tubes, but thought work was being done towards the 15/16" tube solution.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I might have to get in on another g/b for this, as I still havent recieved my sub frame from the first group buy!!!!

1996 Mondeo 24v 4-door twin janspeed stainless pipe cat by-pass Phase 2 RS bodykit 16" cosworth alloys K&N RU3530 SVT TB/UIM/LIM poly bushings konis/bat springs/bar Pioneer MSDS Indiglos P&P heads 2005 Mondeo Zetec Tdci
U
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
U
how many have you got so far and is it tooo late to get in on this?

99 ATX Contour 130k w/ a 21k tranny freshly installed Secret Project in the works
Originally posted by unknown:
Never argue with an idiot, ppl may not be able to tell the difference between you.

#1161527 08/30/05 08:38 PM
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Can someone post the part number for the swaybar brackets you used for the ATI subframe?

The Ford brackets have a tab on one end, whereas the ATI frame is set up for a bolt on each end of the bracket. This thing is partially installed, and all I need are the brackets.

Thanks.

Jeff

95 SE Midnight Red SVT exhaust, airbox DMD Konis, ATI subframe 95,000 miles
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard