Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I've gotta do more research about what additional improvements they make on the subframe, but I may be in for one (I have a welder & I know how to use it). If you need a 10th guy for the extra GB discounts, I'll throw in no matter what. I can always send it to RogerB when he's ready.

Last edited by TourDeForce; 01/21/05 04:41 PM.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Count me in also... Question though what is required to slam this on my car? New Bolts, remove gastank, special tools? Or is it easier to take to mechanic. Just wondering, thanks.

2000 SVT-Black-THE ONLY SVT TOUR IN ELA-SHO CAI-K&N-ProFlow MAF-Parada Spec2's on 18 inch OZ Superturismo GT's-Front and Rear Tower Brace-TCE Wilwood BigBrakeKit-Stage 2 R/R AXles from DSS
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
will they also include a standard swaybar mount clamp (with 2 holes)?

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by DarKSidE:
Count me in also... Question though what is required to slam this on my car? New Bolts, remove gastank, special tools? Or is it easier to take to mechanic. Just wondering, thanks.

Nothing special, just unbolting a few bolts really. Dubkatz and I removed mine in under an hour with regular tools. About the same to put in a new one.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Never done it myself, but I've seen a few posts on it & it should be relatively simple. Just buy a few cheapo deep well sockets to use for alignment of the new subframe & then a 4 wheel alignment - if needed.

N
NVSVT Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Here is the list of who is in:

NVSVT (2) â??? definitely
DarKSidE â??? maybe
96BlackSE â??? maybe
GrandMasterKhan â??? maybe
JEDsContour â??? definitely
Docfeelgood111 (Cougar) - maybe
R G â??? definitely
BDSVT â??? definitely
Ronan â??? definitely
TourDeForce â??? maybe
RogerB â??? later

In addition I just called Rick to get everyoneâ??s questions answered.

1. They do not just reinforce the stock sway bar mounts instead they entirely replace them with (very) heavy duty two-bolt mounts that they fabricate themselves. But, NO, they do not add any other reinforcements or make any other modifications to the sub-frame. Rick told me that the stock sub-frame already has two layers of material around the control arm mounts and he could see no other areas that he felt would benefit from additional reinforcement or modification. If any of you have had problems with another area of your sub-frame, Rick would like to know.

2. After the new sway bar mounts have been welded on the sub-frame they repaint it with Eastwood â??rust encapsulatorâ? to protect it from the elements.

3. Currently they do not have a picture of the modified sub-frame available, but Rick said they would have one on the web-site by the end of next week. He will send me a link to post here when the pictures are up.

4. Rick is not sure if the sub-frame is the same on a Cougar or not, but ATI has one coming in on Monday for some other work and he said he would check it out and let me know on Tuesday if the sub-frames are the same.

5. If you have a moderate amount of mechanical knowledge and ability you can do the sub-frame swap yourself in about a day. No special tools are required to do the swap and you do not have to remove the fuel tank. However, you should take your car to an alignment shop to have a 4-wheel alignment done after the swap.

6. ATI does not provide any hardware with the modified sub-frame. Rick said that a car like mine, from the southwest, always garaged and with less than 55,000 miles, shouldnâ??t need new hardware, but I would strongly advise the use of new hardware any time you install new suspension components. Energy Suspension makes the sway bar mounts (http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html) and they can be purchased online through Performance Depot (performancedepot.com). As for the Ford mounting hardware, Bill Jenkins or Tim Vierra at Signature Lincoln Mercury, (702) 457-0321, can get it for you at a discount.

I hope that answers all of the questions. Now all I need to do is convince Rick (Buckshot77) and/or Brad (bnoon) to make me a set (or two) of adjustable tubular aluminum controls arms (leading arms, trailing arms and sway bar brackets) so I can install them on my sub-frames before I put them on my cars.

The Original Owner of 1998 SVT Contour #3384 of 6535, Toreador Red/Midnight Blue, Assembled September 3rd, 1997 Also the Original Owner of a 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed, Vibrant White/Greystone Sport Cloth, Assembled August 6th, 1998
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Count me in then. When is this going down?

2000 SVT-Black-THE ONLY SVT TOUR IN ELA-SHO CAI-K&N-ProFlow MAF-Parada Spec2's on 18 inch OZ Superturismo GT's-Front and Rear Tower Brace-TCE Wilwood BigBrakeKit-Stage 2 R/R AXles from DSS
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
What is the lead time for this? I can't do this right now, but early summer or early fall at the latest. If I send a deposit, can I still get in on the GB price and be counted as part of the GB, to help lower the overall cost?

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
If that's the list, count me as a definate.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I'd recommend ATI to everyone. Their work is excellent and they are extremely professional. My price was lower because I went to them directly and they used my subframe. They did a great job and I plan on using them for other things in the future.

Last edited by wa2tuff; 01/22/05 03:17 AM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard