Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
K
K
I haven't heard CarDoc's exhaust, however thanks for the infomercial. Is this a sales pitch or what? I love my Borla,and I don't get any "tinny, raspy, ricy ringing sound." Maybe you should talk to people with the other exhausts you are knocking down ?? Just my 2-cents

Keith...

99 SVT Green/Tan #44
TH-Fix, Aussie Pipe, PRO-M, SHO-Shop Y, Borla, and other Misc.
93 Tracer LTS
Eibach, K&N, Misc (now my winter beater)

email me: keith@thinkingcapdesign.com
My Car:
http://www.thinkingcapdesign.com/KeithsSVT/
D
D
Roxrocket:

I am researching exhaust systems for my car and from the work I have done I found Cardoc's setup to be the best sounding system!

I was hoping we could talk (realtime) over ICQ or even email. I have some questions I need answered!

Thanks
Derek

ddasilva99@home.com
ICQ UIN#: 588871

1999 Contour Sport SE (Black)
Duratech V6 MTX
Brullen Cat-Back Exhaust *LOUD*
S&B Powerstack Filter
Eurolite Xenon bulbs
D
D
I've heard a lot of good things about this system but is there anything bad or of concern that should be said?

I like to know both sides of the story!

Thanks
Derek

Duratech V6 MTX
S&B Powerstack Filter
Eurolite Xenon bulbs
D
D
my SCA intake and exhaust gained me 12 hp to the tune of 175 hp at the wheels....it sounded louder and raspier with my the SHOshop y-pipe I added a year ago, but I toned it down with a glasspack. It sounds really mellow now, but with enough bark to let people know it's not stock...

dion
98 SVT with some mods
http://communities.msn.com/contourstuff
R
OP Offline
R
To all the "Negative Nellies" around this forum. It is because of people like you that I try not to post here, ask questions, answer questions, or recommend this board anymore!
No, this is not an infommercial, after my post I did some searching of the forum and realized that there is some forum cronies that do not appreciate CarDoc, hence a very negative slant against anything with any mention of his name. In the future any good deals I get, like the B&M shifter for $70 stays secret.
DemonSVT, 2X2.1" = 4.2", enough of the math lessons! If you were really as anal about the weight of the car, why isn't your car stripped down, it looks really nice and fully equipped! I want the name of that exhaust shop that will do a custom mandrel bent system for $300! BTW, you don't know your exhaust system is resonating (ringing) until you hear the two exhaust systems side-by-side, it is a world of difference. The ones that have heard it, know the difference! Get with it guys this is a really nice system that really enhances the powerband, and is the best sounding bar-none.

Derek D., email me at bendoso@rocketmail.com, word of caution though, I have a funny feeling that I will be a non-person here soon! The storm is gathering, I already received a few emails!

Remember Horsepower sells the car, Torque actually moves it!

-RoxRocket

1998.5 E1 Torreador Red #4507 of 6535
B&M Shifter, ShoShop UDP, KKM Intake, CarDoc Exhaust
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by RoxRocket:

Remember Horsepower sells the car, Torque actually moves it!

-RoxRocket
Torque doesn't move anything, Horsepower is movement. Torque is "The Force", Horsepower is the movement as a result of the force. Of course, no force, no movement, but the quote says it wrong! smile

Not angry or anything, just hate misconceptions...

"My Name is Richard. I am a Contouraholic."
1999 SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green; Drop--In K&N Filter; VentShades;
Fog Lamp Fix Mod & PIAA510s with Bumper Braces & Stock Type aiming screw mod;
PIAA 9006 Super White Headlamps
AIWA CDC-MP3 HU; WeatherTech Mats
Viper 600ESP w/Remote entry
L
L
torque is a twisting force, and horsepower is a measure of torque over a period of time. the immediate neck-snapping sensation off the line is torque; what keeps you pushed back as you rev to redline is horsepower (though they are really one and the same). many explanations of the two concepts, this one I like best because it's easy to relate.

-Louis
1998 Black E0 #3826, lightly modded
D
D
Mandrel bending on a 2.5L V6 is NOT absolutely necessary. I believe, and correct me if i'm wrong, that mandrel bending only really makes a difference on exhausts with a diameter greater than say, 2.75".

Quoted by MikeNeri from another forum...is this true?

Thanks
Derek

PS: Rocket did you get my e-mail message?

Duratech V6 MTX
S&B Powerstack Filter
Eurolite Xenon bulbs
D
D
I did the exhaust myself. Back about the time Cardoc did his. He argued that crush bent was every bit as good as mandrel bent until most of the people on this board started showing him proof that it wasn't even close. (among pointing out many other things he was wrong about) He then left and formed his own clique. (another story in itself)

I (& others) asked him to do head to head dyno comparisons, but he chickened out IMO. Likely because he didn't gain anything but weight. Good thing for him too because I would have slaughtered him... laugh

About weight. If you make maybe 3HP more than stock with the cardoc system (a big maybe) yet it weighs 20lbs more. You have gained zero real world performance. Matter of fact you have lost real world performance because the car is slower off the line and loses a little in the handling department.

BTW - My exhaust is actually lighter than the stock setup. (only a mere 8lbs for the cat-back, but 30lbs total including the Y-pipe)
2.5" mandrel bent from the Y back as well... (meaning a hair over 2.4" ID at the 90 degree bends)

Yes weight does matter a lot to these cars. If you don't think so that's just something else you are misinformed about.

BTW my car is currently field stripped; so nyah nyah wink When it goes back together it will be a good 70lbs lighter. Around 110lbs lighter than when I bought it. Don't even try to tell me that isn't noticeable. It's like another dozen HP/TQ in the bank! Not to mention the handling & braking benefits!

Morale of the story: Crush bends & adding weight sucks!

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
ok what is the website where we can check this cardoc exhaust out?

99 Tropic green svt
Custom Stereo
borla cat-back
22mm bat rear sway bar
custom K&N & heatshield
215/40/ZR17 Rubber
jimmkreider@yahoo.com
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard