Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
I have a 1996 Contour GL
My brakes sink in half way if i dont fill the fluid but when i fill it up all the way few days later its empty again and the brake lights is back on. Sometimes my ABS light goes on too and i have to pump my brake few times before care will begin breaking.

P.S i have a bad bearing in frint and someguy from autozone told me that bearings have sensor or something like that and result of my ABS light being on could be that.

Does anyone has or had this problem. Would someone help me with that or give me some ideas.

Thanks

1996 GL 2.0 16V Zetec DOHC AIM s/n- DJWhiterussian
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
It is obvious that you have a leak. Find it before your brakes fail completely and you have to be scraped off the pavement.

If you do not feel comfortable maintaining a critical safety system, hire a professional to check it and make necessary repairs.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Emil -

Welcome to CEG!

Yes, you have a leak. Find it right away; get it fixed correctly. If you park on clean pavement - and then pump your brakes (hard!) several times, you should be able to see drops of fluid somewhere under the car. That will tell you where to concentrate your effort first.

If you must pump the brakes several times in order to stop, you probably shouldn't be driving the car at all.

Yes, a failing wheel bearing can affect the ABS sensors - but you have other problems first. Perhaps the fluid leak is triggering the ABS warning light.

Get the brake leak fixed first; worry about other things next.

1995 Contour GL V6 ATX T/C 1986 Mustang GT 5.0 2000 Windstar LX
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
thanks alot guys for explaining it to me. thats what i thought it was. the problem is there is snow everywhere and its kinda hard to locate the drips. but ill do my best to find it. thanks again

1996 GL 2.0 16V Zetec DOHC AIM s/n- DJWhiterussian
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
def. get that fixed and try to avoid driving because loss in a few days is pretty bad.. feel under your reservoir around the master cylinder and where it connects to the brake booster (big round thing) and see if there's any fluid leaking there.

00 CSVT #390

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard