Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Ark86 Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Hi guys. In the process of reducing rattles in my trunk from my subs, I removed the black "box" things in the side of the trunk (they have flaps that keep water out). After doing so, I realize that it was a bad idea and now some water is getting inside the trunk. I have tried patching it up but it seems to get in anyway somehow. When it gets warmer I might try doing a better job at it but do you know of anywhere where I can pick up a couple of these? I have looked at all kinds of replacement part sites, but cannot find these. Any ideas? Thanks.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I'd imagine they'd be a cheap rip fromt he junkyard

btw I know what you're talking about, but I just never touched them.

A
Ark86 Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Yeah I figured that they didn't matter too much and I could just patch them up, but a lot of moisture is getting in there now, and I don't want it to damage my amps. And to think that I saved all the other parts I took out/modified from my car except these. Thanks.

B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
Buy em from the Ford dealer. They are not that much and they do keep the water out that is why they are called drip trays. When it rains, water runs down the fender over these holes...if you don't have the drip trays in the water runs right into the trunk.

Bob

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Try a fiberglass patch, if you have some laying aruond. Glass a peice or two larger than the holes directly to the surface over the holes. Use the quick bonding resin(10min apoxy) from auto zone. It cost about 3.99 and comes in some little tubes so it is easy to mix. It doesn't have to look pretty or anything, but it will work. If you want it to look good than you can sand it down, but I wouldn't. You can cover up the patch with dynomate or whatever so you don't have to see it.

That's what I would do.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
F5RZ-54280B62-A $8.88 ea. from Bill Jenkins.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard