Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1156982 01/21/05 04:01 AM
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
then out comes some ghetto garbage can setup!

Audiovox Prestige

J/K.... LOL

I just don't like them..

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

#1156983 01/21/05 05:00 AM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
man talk about your ghetto setups.
If you were real serious about horsepower something tells me you shouldnt be drving a CONTOUR!!!!!!
i shake my head with some of you guys postering and posing about your wicked set-ups and then out comes some ghetto garbage can setup!

1st off I myself that actually OWNS a SVT like to add mods to increase hrsp. It IS an SVT so I guess you have been living under a rock for um...forever...and i guess you wouldn;t know that these cars are made for performance in their class. 2ndly the adaptor w/ K&N plus heatshield (garbage can)DOES increase hrsp. It has been proven and stated many times. 3rd the rubbermaid garbagecan heatshield is arguably one of the better if not best avail for our car. The one I am running seals off ALL hot air from the engine as well as being painted w/ 1200 deg. heat resistent paint. 4th, if painted balck like mine is w/ pipe insulation on the top edges to seal w/ the hood is used, it looks totally stock. It does not even stick out 1 bit when the hood is open. Looks like any other heatshield you would otherwise spend $50 or so on at some website. 5th, if we as automobile owners wern't looking to add hrsp and performance why was the website that YOU ARE ON ever developed?

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)
#1156984 01/21/05 05:47 AM
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
uhhhh wow this thread has gone down the toilet...so what im getting out of this

ram air, or whatever its true name is, its what im going to call it, ram air adds a nice little boost on hp and tq with a heat shield.

now a question

is there a how to on how to make the rubbermaid heat sheild?

1995 ford contour v6 5 speed , even though its not mine yet... http://www.cardomain.com/id/hyperlitenerd
#1156985 01/21/05 03:45 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Ram air does not require a heat shield. Atrue ram air setup, goes from a source usually in the front bumper directly to the throttle body, so just straight ambiebnt air.

The thread is going down because as soon as someone asks for proof of gains everyone gets on the defense and claims their setup is the best.

Thats why this thread is actually worthless as no proof.
Just s thread with what setup you have.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard