Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Hey guys. Just though I'd give my own little farewell to a valued radio station that I grew up with. WHFS will be missed but the spirit of this cherished free form radio station will surely live on with its ex-employees who will hopefully move on to work at other radio stations in the area.

For those of you that havent knoticed yet, 99.1 is now playing span.. . erm, Latino music. Im really blown about this particularly. They could at least play something I can listen to. (No I am not learning Spanish)

[Bio] Farewell and goodby WHFS. You will be missed. [Bio]

98 Contour SVT (soon to be reborn) 2000 GMC Envoy... Screw you guys, I like it. 89' Mustang 5.0 (Just bolt on's... for now)
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
What surprises me is that it came completely out of left field, with no warning whatsoever. I guess that with most of the other area rock stations playing a large amount of 'alternative' rock, they felt they needed to change formats. Bummer none the less.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Yeah...This really sucks. I have been listening to them since I was in high school...Their morning show sucked thoough.

- 2003 Redfire SVT Cobra Convertible - 2000 Black SVT Contour
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Damn that sucks. When I lived in Baltimore that's all I listened to..

But the whole mexican take over thing is happening all over the country.. A lot of other rock stations are going mexican.

Elliot in the Morning has been Joking about DC101 being next.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
You know, I'll bet that if the U.S. actually got enough balls to track down and deport all the illigals these stations would go under sooo fast It'd be like watching a toy boat sink in a bath tub.

I still turn 99.1 on every now and then, hoping that they realized their mistake and went back to rock.

98 Contour SVT (soon to be reborn) 2000 GMC Envoy... Screw you guys, I like it. 89' Mustang 5.0 (Just bolt on's... for now)
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Eh, no big loss. A change is inevitable when you can't crack the top 5 year after year.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I liked HFS also, not too upset though. It's only radio. Meaning that I am usually listening to CD's or something like that. HFS did do a lot for local bands and put on some great events.

It's nice that most of the other stations are being very respectful and giving HFS accolades for their years of service. It was interesting to hear 94.7 playing old Clash, INXS, and other groups like that yesterday. It would be cool if 94.7 changed their format and played more old "modern" classics.

Anyways HFS will be missed. another reason for satellite radio I guess.

E0 SVT Kids, yeah, I have kids. How many do you want?
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Also, this means no more HFStival.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I turned it on yesterday on the way home to hear the 'latino' music and had a tear come from my eye.....from laughing so damn hard. That music was terrible!

Ryan Trollin!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
In-dash MP3, screw radio.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard