Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Matt R:
Heh eyevancsu, consider making a group buy on this if you can perfect it. The headlight switch and the HVAC. You could make some serious cash on this.

I would be in for sure... UnlessThis!!!!!

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Yeah, you would have to get past any skepticism from that [censored] that robbed everyone...

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
I have the prototype installed in my car right now and im keeping it that way (not fixing the offset symbol), and it looks awesome combined with the blue leds in my switches (blue and red switches), and would look bada** with the gauges.

Ill work on another set tomorrow to see if i can cut it better (you cant see the nasty cutting on mine because the switch covers it), if it comes out good, ill ship it out to someone thats trusted here to check out (but i have to order a few more inverters).

If this does turn into a future gb, i have plenty of good (ongoing) feedback on ebay under eyevancsu and on head-fi.org.

-ivan c.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Originally posted by Matt R:
Heh eyevancsu, consider making a group buy on this if you can perfect it. The headlight switch and the HVAC. You could make some serious cash on this.

I would be in for sure... UnlessThis!!!!!

Dont even let me get started on that group buy. I got screwed big time with that one. To think that he let me join the group buy a day after orders already ended and I did it just to get my money stolen.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Good job Ivan.

It's amazing how many people b!tch and complain about the lack of such parts, when it's so simple to make them.

Maybe some of the others should get inspired.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by amarv12:
Good job Ivan.

It's amazing how many people b!tch and complain about the lack of such parts, when it's so simple to make them.

Maybe some of the others should get inspired.

give me the instructions and info and i'll make my own

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by tour96se:
give me the instructions and info and i'll make my own

Sorry, I won't spoon-feed you. He said what product he is using, "EL foil"...or "electroluminescent foil"...search the net for those terms, you will find ALL of the info you need. And, don't tell me you can't, because I know for a fact that there are several sites that have instructions on how to work with the material online.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
this looks good, how much does it cost to make them ourselves, or how much will they cost if you sell them in a GB?

DemonOfSteel 98 ZX2 Sport 98 Contour SE
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I found a site that had 6x17 inch sheats for $98 but I didn't look that hard either.

Chris Carr92 SHO MTX~99 Taurus SE~95 Contour SE "Be good. If you cant be good, be careful. If you cant be careful, name it after me. Anonymous"
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
I have the files for the transparencies that i can give out if wanted. All that would need to be fixed is the headlight symbol and make the hole in the middle a little smaller.

The el foil i bought off ebay from a hong kong seller (the smallest i found that could be used to make 4 of these overlays) and it came with a single inverter. The inverter was for 12v and it makes a slightly loud whine, so i ordered a few 9v inverters and some lm7809 voltage regulators to bring down the voltage from the car down to 9v to make the intensity and whine go down. The prices are pretty good to buy the el and inverter (around 16 shipped if i recall correctly), the transparency was $3 from kinkos, and the self-laminating sheets were $2.5 for a package of 3 (brand scotch).

The guy i bought the el from seemed very nice and shipping was within 4 days or so (even from hong kong).

-ivan

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard